Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been to DR LIVE? We are going at the end of this month...i was wondering if we get any materials and what they are if we do. I read that we have to go to the desk to sign in and receive our "packet".

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I've been twice. You are going to LOVE IT!!! :D You will get a little packet when you get in, in it is a booklet with fill in the blanks as you go along with the event. His thinking that if you hear it and write it down then you remember better.

Be forewarned: there will be lots of his materials for sale in the lobby. I didn't know this the first time I went, you can get some really GOOD deals!! So if there's something of his you've been wanting chances are you can get a great deal there at the event. Like FPU kit's for $99, books or CD's for $10, stuff like that.

They don't sell any food or drinks, and depending where you event will be held you may not be allowed to bring in food or drinks, just a heads up on that. The first time I went I brought a little bag and had a snack and bottle of water in it. The second time we had to throw all food and drinks away before entering. It just depends on the venue.

OMG I'm so excited for you, Dave is extremely entertaining!!! I kid you not, 5 hours will fly by. ;) You get about 3 breaks of 20 minutes in there to stretch your legs and hit the bathroom. I had a blast at both events, enjoy and let us know how it goes for you!! :)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Pammy did a great job describing a live event, but I just wanted to add that I've been to one and it really was a great experience. It was a 6-hour drive each way for us, but it was totally worth it. To hear him speak in person is incredibly inspiring. Have fun!

·
Registered
50 Posts
We weren't able to get to an actual live event since DH and I are currently in Japan, but we did do the online one. It was still pretty amazing! It's a good option if you can't travel to one and you can also take breaks if you can't sit for that long. It's available for a couple weeks once you purchase it so we watched it a few times. Also, it's cheaper since you only have to pay $29 for the event. It was like 2 for 1!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Does anyone know if he travels to New England? I would love to go to a live show.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Does anyone know if he travels to New England? I would love to go to a live show.
You can see where he'll be at here. If nothing's available near you there is the online live event, I've seen it, it's great!! I've actually got a sister on board by her watching this online event, a sister that is the epitomy 'keeping up with the Jones's'. It's the next best thing. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts