Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever written in blog, hubpages? I kinda don't get it, so I was curious on a easy description on how my blog can make money?

i also am looking at alpine customer service stuff?

i do pinecone research, but don't make much

any more ideas, I was childcare but with everyone getting layed off business is bad.

I am unable to get around very well anymore with these new hips, so a real standing up job is not an option.

sigh...i hate when money is tight

·
Registered
174 Posts
I do surveys, my favorites are opinionoutpost, globaltestmarket, toluna and surveyspot. I also do Secret shopping through marketforceshopper.com and secretshopper.com. I also occasionally work for ChaCha. On a part time basis I've made about $700 total the first two months of this year.

Reactions: Shelli_wnj

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm looking at doing the exact same thing to help supplement our income as well. I also like to write (as my long winded posts can attest to;) )

From what I understand, the first step is to gain a following and maintain an active blog. After you have "regulars" and become established, you can approach advertisers like Google Adsense to place ads on your blog. Some will pay you a certain amount any time someone clicks on a link, others will pay you a commission when sales are made from people following your links. You can also do what are called "sponsored reviews" where companies will either pay you or give you freebies to do a review of their product on your blog.

It's my understand that you first have to establish yourself before advertisers will work with you. However, I'm just starting to look into this (perhaps for only a week and a half so far), so others might know more than me.

Best of luck in all that you do, and I hope to find my way there too someday.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'm not trying to be mean lwlynch, but if this post is an example of your writing and grammar skills, I don't think paid blogging is in your future, unless you have someone that can proofread and edit your posts. Even with outstanding writing skills, most people make only a pittance online and it takes months to build up an audience.

Alpine customer service could be a good option, if you can get in there. They allow you to work from home answering phones. You would need to have a computer. Essentially you login when you are available and they forward phone calls to you.

Maybe you could sell things on ebay for people? That can potentially be a good business. You take a percentage of the sale price and are responsible for taking pictures, listing it, and collecting funds, and shipping.

Also, do you have a scanner? Maybe you could scan photographs for people and make digital photo albums?

Good luck to you.

·
2,688 Posts
I think there are a lot of blogs out there currently.
I would really like to do a complicated blog myself,
but I don't seem to come up with any new, unique ideas to try out.
I do have a 2 yr college degree with 4 semesters of English classes, but a lot of times, I find fault with my own writing skills. I have a math brain, not a language brain.

I did build my own website. I have a chicken blog.
My strongest skills are one on one with people.

I guess what I am trying to say here is -
Make a list of what skills you like about yourself.
Zero in on one or two, and start putting those to work.

Oh.....and see your pm box :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm a full time freelance writer, primarily supplying web content to my own client base. The issue with Hubpages and similar sites is they pay on a revenue share model, which pays writers a portion of the ad revenue earned from clicks on the ads featured on the articles. It takes time to learn the ropes of SEO (Search Engine Optimization), which is writing to up your articles ranking on Google and other search engines. While some writers make hundreds and even thousands of dollars from revenue share sites like Hubpages, Listmy5, eHow, etc, it takes many years and the time to understand how the search engines work.

Writing isn't usually easy money. It took me many years to begin earning a livable wage and to rebound from the beating the publishing industry has taken the last few years. If you are still interested in trying it out, but would rather do it for upfront payments while learning a bit about SEO, textbroker.com is hiring. They are a legit company that pays twice monthly but you have to write the assignments they provide. I know several writers who got their foot in the door with web writing with Textbroker. I am not sure of their pay rates, but they do take on beginning writers.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Here in Omaha one of the large hotel chains has classes every so often to train people in taking reservations from home. As for mystery shopping, I did some of that many years ago...in my opinion it was a lot of time spent for little money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.