Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need some answers real quick:)Son fell off trampoline at friends house Friday,Sat DH took him to urgent care and they said it was hair line fracture.Well now when I touch it to rewrap it after his shower he cries I am hurting him.I called the Dr and they said bring him back.So we are going back this afternoon.My question......hes 6 should I demand a cast so he does not do further damage using it.I have caught him with no sling on and using it.TIA

·
27,948 Posts
I would definately talk to the doctors & tell them your concerns. I hope he's feeling better & that he heals quick!:heartsm:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I agree with Darlene. I would tell the Dr your concerns and see if he thinks a cast is a suitable option.

I hope he is on the mend quickly and the arm is back to normal soon.

·
27,948 Posts
Little boys are hard to keep still! They want to go and do.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Mine ds had a small fracture in his foot when he was 5, it hurt, but the Dr didn't cast it and it healed pretty fast.... It's just hard to be hurt when you'r little...... I think he will be fine, but ask the Dr and make yourself feel better.....

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Maybe there is some sort of air cast type thing, that they use for ankle sprains(you can get them in the drugstore) that you can get for his arm just as a little extra but not really a whole cast.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thanks all !!!!!!! We just got back from Dr and lo and behold I didn't even have to ask for the cast!!! Dr says"I am sorry but we have to cast this,hes got a buckle break/fracture(?) so hes casted almost to his arm pit. I just thought a lil half cast but nope.He will be immobile for at least 4 weeks.Apparently the urgent care had these results but failed to call me:mad: oh well glad I took him.Aside from kids driving me completly nuts!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I hope he mends soon...... Poor little guy........ :angel:

·
27,948 Posts
Looks like another case of be careful what you wish for. Shame on urgent care for not following through.Good for you in knowing something was not right.
Hope your little guy heals fast and is able to do all the fun stuff he wants soon.:heartsm:

·
Registered
78 Posts
My ds had a fracture in his arm last year and they did cast it. Maybe it has to do with where the fracture is. I am sure your doctor will know much better that I.

I hope you ds has a speedy recovery regardless of what they put on it.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Mother's intuition is right 99 times out of 100. Good thing you trusted it.'

Hug for your poor lil baby!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts