Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...I am trying to locate the type of dress that I'm thinking about. I used to have a picture of my mom in a dress like this and I can't find it. But I want to make Maryn a little dress kind of like that.

Okay ~ it's got a little pleated skirt and it's kind of straight on the top. It's so hard to explain what I mean. I want to say that it's from the 50's or 60's (I guess it could be 70's)...I want to surprise my mom, so I can't really ask her.

I know, my description leaves a lot to be desired, but I just can't explain it any better. It's driving me NUTS!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going crazy! I can see this dress so clearly in my head.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I've been looking, just having no luck. LOL Also, the skirt doesn't flare out and the top is like, totally straight all the way down. So, it's not huggy. And the top part goes below the waist quite a bit (but not sure if it goes below the butt).

Ack! LOL

·
Registered
3,299 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YES!! That's it!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Now, does anyone have any idea where I can get a pattern for it? lol

I *think* it's just a skirt that's all pleats...guess I need to figure out how to do pleats.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
No results for your pattern, I just have a comment. I graduated from High School in 1970, so I grew up in those type of dresses.

I guess that qualifies ME as vintage also! :pony:

·
Registered
268 Posts
I know the orininal post is almost 2 years old but...

Go here http://www.oldpatterns.com/mccallsk.html Then scroll down to pattern # 8435. This is as close as I could find for you.
Keep in mind if you get vintage patterns, the sizing has changed. More like "vanity" sizing now. If you take a 12 now, in vintage patterns a 14 or 16 would be needed.

Labontet, I graduate in '70 too. I'm vintage and proud of it.

piney

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
No results for your pattern, I just have a comment. I graduated from High School in 1970, so I grew up in those type of dresses.

I guess that qualifies ME as vintage also! :pony:
Same here, I graduated in 1970. I remember wearing that syle in high school.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts