Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, It has been a while since I have been on,but always enjoy it when I can check in. I have posted to one of the forums about having fibromyalgia and not being able to work. Because of this and no insurance we have hit rock bottom. We filed chapter 13 bankruptcy a couple of years ago and have been paying on it but between that payment and our mortage we pay out over $1000.oo a month and my husband only brings home $2000. so we have gotten behind again on our mortgage and they are taking us to court to get the stay lifted so that they can forclose. We know that if we scrap togethr the money to catch up it will be almost impossible to stay caught up. It seem there is always a dr's appointment or insurance or taxes due. I had to go to the dr this morning with an abcest tooth (My jaw it about 3 times as big as it should be) and then next Tuesday I have to go to the dentist to have it pulled. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has either been forclosed on or filed chapter 7 bankruptcy and what kind of effects did it have on the family? I would gladly take any addvice or feeling on the subject. If anyone doesn't want to post for everyone to read you can email me at [email protected].
Thank you all for being there with your tips and ideas.
Jeanna

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Jeanna, I wish I had some advice for you, but I know nothing about this. I do know about hardtimes and I'm sorry you guys are going through this. I will keep you in my prayers, keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I don't have any advice either. I just wanted to wish you good luck and let you know that you will be in my thoughts.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I don't have any advice either, but I hope you find the answers you need.......

·
Registered
611 Posts
I do have experience with this Jeanna. We filed for chapter 13 bankruptcy, and paid it off last year. Have you consulted your lawyer about the mortgage companies rights regarding forclosure? Also, any debt that you may incur while in the bankruptcy can be included, you just have to open the case and file the debt. Please contact your attorney, he will have the best advise for you!! Good luck- I will keep you in my prayers!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
No adivce, but wanted to wish you good luck in your time of need Jeanna.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I have no advice, but wanted to give you lots of hugs.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I DON'T REALLY HAVE ANY ADVICE EITHER...just wanted to let you know i wish you all the best and will keep you in my prayers. I myself am in financial turmoil at this time and know exactly how you feel!!!!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don't have advice on the bankruptcy,although we are looking at it too!
I did want to say that I also have fibro,so I really understand,and if you need someone to talk to,please let me know. It is a serious financial drain,along with all the other problems we face, and its important to communicate. So PM or email me at [email protected] if you want. God bless and good luck.
I have some great sites to visit on Fibro if you need them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts