Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CJ, have you ever done paper foundation quilting? I have been doing some reading about it and it looks really easy. I have never tried it but I would like to maybe do a lap quilt with it. What do you think of foundation piecing?

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Kathy, I have never done it. I have heard pros and cons about it. Some quilters love it, others hate it.

For me, I really don't think I'd like it. From watching others do it, it just seems like something that I wouldn't like. It does make perfect points though.

I guess I'm just an old fashioned girl. When it comes to paper piecing or some of the newer fancy ways to do things, I'm hesitant to do. Thats just me though. I also really like the old fashioned patterns where there isn't as many points and basically, paper piecing is to make perfect points.

It may be something I do in the future who knows. If there is a course on doing it, I might try it. I'm not in a hurry to do it though.

Try it though Kathy, you may be one quilter who really likes doing it.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CJ. I think I will try a few blocks and just see how I like it. I will post them on here when I make them. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts