Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering from those of you that currently have or have in the past provided childcare in your homes: what do you do during the summer? When your own children are out of school, do they get bummed that they have to hang out with younger kids? How did you do activities with all of them?

TIA

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I have done this for 8 years. At first they were small and it was fine. Now they are older (9 and 5) and when they are off school during year they are fine hanging with other littler kids, but in summer I make suer to take 1 or 2 school aged kids. I always have. We do same crafts that I do through out the year but they make it harder, or they help me cut things out. Other things like nap time are harder with school aged kids here. I let them watch a movie everyday while the younger kids sleep. I used to do things with them but they would get too loud, then I was working 12 hours straight!

Outside I have two different areas for kids, older and younger. I can see them all from one spot. Sometimes I let my own kids play on trampoline, or ride bikes/scooters when the younger kids are sleeping sometimes if no other school aged kids are there.

My kids have never had problem with me being home with other kids. I think they enjoy me being here and not having to go to a daycare.

HTH!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts