1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the quality of the meat there?

Flavor?
Tenderness?

I haven't been there yet, but have always been interested.

TIA.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
How is the quality of the meat there?

Flavor?
Tenderness?

I haven't been there yet, but have always been interested.

TIA.
I do not like their ground beef. It tasted weird to me on more than one occasion. That has turned me off of their fresh meat section.

We do get their lunch meats (hard salami is our favorite with ham a close second) and frozen meats (like chicken breast and salmon) Yum

Reactions: cab54

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
We use their fresh ground beef, roasts, turkey ham and frozen chicken. We have had no problems. Of course we usually eat venison so maybe they're just happy for variety.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I don't eat meat but dh does. He can't stand their ground beef. I only buy for him the shrimp, chicken, salmon, lunch meat, and sometimes the ham.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was not happy with the half hams I bought for Christmas - I should have tried the spiral.
I always buy their frozen 1 lb tubes of ground turkey for meatloafs and chili and at only 1.39 lb it is an awesome deal

·
4,028 Posts
I enjoy their spiral hams but don't use the glaze. Their lunchmeats are enjoyable and I purchase the frozen chicken quarters. As for the fresh meats, it seems I can get better prices per pound on a good sale at other stores .

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I buy the 1# gr turkey chubs, esp in the summer. I use it to keep my food cold till I get home. I like SavALot gr turkey better-taste better & made by Butterball. I've bought the turkey, spiral hams, bacon, boneless pork chops, frozen chicken breasts, gr chuck, frozen fish, hot dogs, & the individual stk wrapped in bacon (delish) & all of it has been good & would/will buy again.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, guys! That gives me a fairly good idea what to buy there. I think I'll avoid the ground beef, since more than one of you disliked it. I'll try the spiral ham, and frozen chicken. And check the prices on the fresh meat....

·
Registered
924 Posts
I haven't bought any of their "fresh" meat but I do buy their ground turkey in the tube. To me the consistency is a little "softer" than what you get in a grocery store but I usually just cook it longer, I have noticed no difference in taste, its just a texture thing for me.

And I have bought their frozen boneless chicken breasts which are okay. The only other meat I have bought from Aldi is their bacon which I found to be very good.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've never bought their fresh meats, either. I have bought things like lunchmeats, etc.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I buy the 'Fit and Active' ground beef in the 1lb packages and have had no issues with it. I'm not crazy about their fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts, but the frozen ones are okay.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Have only been there twice now...haven't tried any. We did buy the turkey and ham lunchmeat...$2.69 a pound. Hubby loves it.I have to say I'm not overly impressed with the look/cut of the fresh meat at ours...hubby went with me yesterday and he said it was cut wrong. I'm not a red meat fan so don't know. I'm buying on of whatever I buy to see what is a keeper and what isn't. So far their frozen fresh/deli pizza is not a keeper.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Definitely no. Plus you can get MUCH better quality and better tasting meat on sale at regular grocery stores. Only some of Aldi's products are good to buy but meat, any fresh veggies/fruits, and bread isn't one of them.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Definitely no. Plus you can get MUCH better quality and better tasting meat on sale at regular grocery stores. Only some of Aldi's products are good to buy but meat, any fresh veggies/fruits, and bread isn't one of them.
I have to respectfully disagree with you about the fresh fruit and fresh veggies. Our Aldi's has wonderful fresh fruit and veggies at a much better price then the other grocery stores in town.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't usually buy meat there except for their deep frozen chicken leg/thighs and their crab legs. I heard that they add a gas to their meet to make it look better/last longer and that has turned me off.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I was grossed out by the sandwhich meat I got there, some kind of chicken or turkey, it had little pieces of something hard like bone all through it. We like their porkchops.
My biggest complaint is how they treat my groceries in the checkout. I have had to say something to 3 different cashiers about not throwing my food so hard and not putting throwing my raw meat and other groceries together. They are SO rough with the groceries. I emailed Aldi's customer service twice about it and have yet to get a response.

·
4,028 Posts
There seems to be quite a range at Aldi's across the region.

My local Aldi's typically has decent fruits and veggies but there are times they don't look as good or fresh so I shop for them elsewhere that week. I've had cashiers gently load and even keep my cart organized while they ring things through.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.