Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the only female in the house. I am a mom of 4 boys, ages, 14, 12, 10 and 5. I have been wondering....do you ever feel alone?

My older boys have grown into teenager and pre-teens and I find it so much harder to find things we like to do as a family. Ihave the impression of having nothing much in common with them...even with my dh it's the same. We don't like the same movies, activities, music....I feel alone and miss women's companionship.

I'm realizing how frugal village is the only place I can come and share with other women, but still...

Anyone living a similar situation? Thanks!

Lucie

:)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes!!!! I have one boy who will be 13 on Wednesday! while dd is in Texas, I feel very alone (even when she's here, she's such a tom-boy). I come to the village just so I can have some meaningful Adult conversation! DH is always so busy.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Between us we have 4 boys and 1 girl, needless to say she's a Tomboy ............

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I feel the same way. We have 3 boys and I sometimes wish we would have had a little girl so we could spend time together doing the girl things.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Elise, Lori, Michelle....So how do you cope with it besides coming to the village to talk? Do you feel like you are alone in the things you like to do? Are you close to your dh? Do you have the same interests? Do you have other friends you see regularly besides the village?

So many questions, I know...I need to know, who else has been through these thoughts and if you have found an answer.

Lucie

·
Registered
81 Posts
Lucie,
I kinda know how you feel! I have hubby, Cody and Ricky and of course Dylan is a male dog. Sometimes I tell Blondie, my female dog, that we have to stick together as the only females in the house! LOL!!! Yes, it can be lonely because we share different interests. Sometimes the boys will craft with me, when I even have time to do it. Sometimes I take them shopping...though I vow each time I will never do it again! We do like to watch videos together, which may be a place for you to start. I have to admit, the "guys" in the house don't like to watch the "girlie" shows on TV I like to watch. I don't have a lot of female friends because I have been burnt by many of them but I do have my best friend and she and I enjoy long talks and vents and such. My other girlfriends live in other states so obviously I can't talk to them as much as I would like.
Some things the boys and I like to do together or some suggestions would be amusement parks, zoo, visiting a city, seeing a movie, going to the circus, doing volunteer work. You might find even bits and pieces of time together will ease some of the loneliness you feel and make your "alone" time more bearable and rewarding.
Sheila

1 - 6 of 6 Posts