Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long is your scar? Someone I know is claiming that they are always 10 cm....mine is 8 1/2" long (or approx. 20 cm).

Just conducting some research :)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Mine is about 10 inches too, it is horizontal too. DD was a breech baby so I don't know if that is why mine is so long or if I just had a cut happy Dr. :)

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Mine is 8 inches....

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
7-8 inches horizontal also

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I don't know why I'm here lol - I'm just REALLY nosey! ;)

I haven't had a section so I'm unqualified to speak, but I ALWAYS have an opinion ROFL.

My mums friend had one years ago and her scar (apparently) is enormous, but one of my friends had one and you can hardly see the scar at all :confused: Perhaps they do them differently now and they've improved?????

Ok sorry about that lol - I'll shut up now. ;)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I can tell you the scar depends on how the insision was closed. I had a c-section almost 5 years ago and no lie there is no visible line, the Dr. did inside stitchers and really after less than a year there was no visible line....

BUT the cut was about 8" long

Eileen

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had a c-section in July of 2001 and that one was about 8" and the scar wasn't that thick, bumpy ridge that I've seen some scars look like. However, I just had a c-section 11 days ago and this one looks like my low cut panty days are gone.

P.S. both were done by the same doctor

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Mine, on the skin surface, is about 8" long, horizontal. Mine's only a few months old, so it's still purple and numb.

I had an emergency C-section, so I had a "T" cut (they cut vertically AND horizontally). The vertical cut, which was below the skin, must've gone up to about the bottom of my ribcage, because that's where it itched when I was healing.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Never had a c-section, but for my hysterectomy the scar is horizontal and about 7 inches long. Its still pretty new (2 weeks), but looks like it will heal nicely.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
My first C/S was emergency and instead of being like a T it is like a cross. the horizontal from that was at least 10 inches. My second C/S with dd they did just horizontally and used the old line from that pretty much and it is about 12 inches long. I have no idea why, but they are huge.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I've never had a c-section but have had 2 abdominal surgeries, he did use the same area and mine is 7" long (got out the tape measure! :D )

But I also have 4 smaller scars too from the laproscopies anywhere from 1/2" to 1 1/2" on my stomach.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hmm . . . I'd have to say about 8 inches on mine also.

My friend had a c-section and because she's heavy-set her doctor not only cut her across but cut her up and down about an inch on both sides. That was the only time I'd ever seen a cut like that.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Mine was an emergency c-section and is 5 and 1/2 inches long. That got out a 9 pound, 15 ounce baby. Interestingly enough, when I just went to measure, I couldn't find it. Maybe because my belly's popping out with the new baby, it's disappeared!

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I've had 3 c-sections, horizontal, and the same incision line used each time. It's almost 6 inches long, but what bugs me the most is the *shelf* that is now there. Anybody else have a thick ridge over the scar?:(

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I've had 3 c-sections. My scar is about 5 inches right through the hair line. Same doctor for all three, and each time he used the same incision, but cut away the scar tissue. I just have a nice faint line, no bumps or anything. I also had staples the last 2 times, that may mean something too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts