Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is a question for all of you that have a carpet cleaner. My Dirt Devil just took a crap and I would like to buy a new one. I was leaning towards a Bissell Proheat Steam Cleaner. I would love to hear what you guys think of your machines and if you have any advice about what to buy.

Traci

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I hear it's a great one, it heats the water and keeps it hot, I have a bissell upright and a bissell little green cllean machine and I have to add hot water.......

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a Bissel pro heat and i really like it. I think its easy to use and to fill & empty. I've been happy with the way it has cleaned my furniture and my carpet. Using this is one of the household chores i enjoy doing. :smball:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I am married to a flooring guy. He hates steam cleaners with a passion. He got rid of my steam cleaner as soon as he discovered it in the house. :mad: I had a Hoover Steam cleaner and liked it. Till dh got rid of it........ He gave a reason that made sense, but i'll have to ask him again why. Maybe i should listen to some of what he is saying when he goes on about floors :toothy: He has though set up an appointment to have our carpets chem cleaned (I have no idea what that means). Dh is ascutally the Hardwood guy. So i don't know what got his boxers in a bunch about the steam cleaner. But i will certainly find out.:)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your feedback. I have thought about getting them cleaned professionally, but just never did it. I also heard that some of the chemicals used are harmful to animals and some to people too. The last thing I need is to have one of us get sick because of chemicals in the carpet. I like to have a carpet cleaner on hand because of the animals and kids. The puppy still doesn't always go outside, and the kids occaisonally throw up on the floor. My cleaner was great for that. I think I am stuck on the Pro Heat, but It will have to wait a little until the money is there. Since it is not really something that we have to have.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I had a Hoover and liked it, and when it was time to replace it we went with the Bissel proheat...I like the bissel much better:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts