Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! It's a cold, rainy day in Vermont and I just got next weeks Shaws sales flier. They have Campbells chunky soup B1G1, and I know I have coupons (or can get them from the website) for .50/1. Shaws doubles coupons, so it would be $1/1, right? Then my next question is can I use 2 coupons since it's b1g1? The coupon says 1 per purchase, and technically I'd only be using 1 for each can. Trying to decide if it's worth printing the extra coupons and heading out into the cold.

If anyone out there knows the answer, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!
Sara
PS. I hope that was written in an understandable way, I'm all hopped up on cold medicine & things in my head are coming out jumbled. :loop:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Judi!

Sorry for the delay getting back to you (weekends tend to do that to me). I spoke to someone at the store who said she didn't see why not, then I called the 800 number on the back of the card and spoke to a very nice lady there (stacy) who said that the coupon rules didn't specify one way or the other, so it shouldn't be a problem. She called the store to double check and was told it would be ok. (maybe tell your store what the 800 # people said)

If I can get out of the house before the sale ends, I'm gonna give it a try!

Later,
Sara

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
UPDATE!!

So my little man and I trudged off to the store earlier today and had a blast (and saved bunches of $$ too).

They did accept the coupons, so our receipt breakdown was..:

2 bags Shaws cereal (no sale, just needed)
32 cans Campbells Chunky Soup (2.69 each & B1G1 + coupons)
2 Breyers Ice Cream (B1G1)
2 Pillsbury Grands rolls (B1G1 + .30 off coupon..doubled to .60)
2 Birdseye Steam Fresh Veggies (had a B1G1 free coupon for 2.69)
2 All laundry detergent (B1G1 + 2 $1.00 off coupons)

Total was supposed to be $116 and change)
TOTAL OOP: $44!!!

So I know many of you could have done better, but I'm patting myself on the back anyway. Not too bad for my second trip out with coupons. (and I'm not ashamed to admit I did a happy dance in the middle of the check-out lane...:fdance:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.