Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick & Easy - No Roll - Pie Crust

Recipe Description
A very quick and easy pie crust recipe that doesn't need to be rolled out with a rolling pin.

I found this recipe worked better for 'savory' items however I'm sure if you added 1-1/2 to 2 tsp of sugar, it would work well for sweets.​
Preparation Steps:
Have pie filling ready to pour into crust.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
5-10 minutes​
Ingredients:
1-1/2c all purpose flour (white)
1/2c vegetable/canola oil
1/4c ice water
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 to 2 tsp granulated sugar (optional for sweets)​
Serves:
1 pie crust/shell​
Directions:
Mix all ingredients in bowl until a dough forms. Once dough is ready, place in pie pan and use fingers to press out to form crust. Add desired filling and bake as per pie instructions.

Tip - I partially pre-baked the pie crust/shell before adding filling to help get a firmer & flakier crust.​

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Oh, that looks so easy! Thank you for sharing, I will use it next time I make a pot pie

(and who are you calling a tart :p )

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Thanks!! I use to make this recipe all the time years ago and lost it. Now I have it again, it's wonderful!! :)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I was given this recipe by a friend, though I haven't used it yet she says it has never failed her!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Thank you, I can't wait to try this!

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
thank you! I dislike rolling out pie crust.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I tried this today, it worked great, the only thing is you need to bake it alittle before putting the filling in, like Libby said.

It was really flaky, I will use this from now on, I like the fact of not having to roll it out.

·
8,714 Posts
~I'm going to try this too. I don't mind rolling but I always make butter crust.
Butter is so expensive. :( Oil is 1/3 the price.~

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
thank you so much. I will love to make a homemade pie now!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mix all ingredients in bowl until a dough forms. Once dough is ready, place in pie pan and use fingers to press out to form crust. Add desired filling and bake as per pie instructions.

Tip - I partially pre-baked the pie crust/shell before adding filling to help get a firmer & flakier crust.
This is all I see - how can I find the ingredients/measurement list?

I hate it when I'm a :dunce: !!

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks you Libby! That would be awesome :)

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Tip - I partially pre-baked the pie crust/shell before adding filling to help get a firmer & flakier crust.

Sorry its taken me this long to get back here and post. I hope its not too late!

Ingredients:
1/2 c all purpose white flour
1/2 c vegetable / canola oil
1/4 c ice water
1/2 tsp salt

I did use 1/4 tsp salt b/c I was making the shell for something sweet and didn't want a salty crust. Some suggestions I've seen said to add some sugar to the crust as well to help the sweet factor. I didn't.

This is for a bottom crust only.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thanks; I peeled, sliced & filled a ziploc gallon bag with apples & want to make a cobbler with old fashioned crust (not the cuppa cuppa) and don't feel like doing the rolling thing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts