Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I don't normally purchase all the gadgets they have out for quilting, because usually they just cost $$ and you don't really need them to quilt and quilt well.

BUT this is one item I'm looking at purchasing. This would really be a great item also for those who don't have lots of space or don't have a sewing room. It would take away from having to have an iron board out all the time.

Its called Quilter's Cut N' Press and here is the description of it:

This innovative tool is every quilter's dream! Cut fabric on one side, press it on the other. A cushioned padded surface with a grid helps you "square" as you press for quick, easy and accurage mitering every time. Lightweight, portable and easy to store.
It has a handle so it can be stored hanging up and sounds pretty good to me.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I have one and don't use it you want it cheap?

It is a June Tailor and is 11in square on the cutting side and 10 in square on the pressing side.

I can see were it would be handy but it isn't in my set up.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one I'm looking at is 12 x 18, a bit bigger than yours.

Can you tell me why you don't use it? Do you not like it?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I like to cut most of what I think I need all at once, so I use my big mat. Like 3 feet by 2 feet(just a guess)

then I press in big batches too so I just use my regular ironing board. I might use it if I start doing blocks one at a time but I like ones that you do one step of a lot of blocks then the 2nd and so on.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I have one and love it CJ...well worth the purchase.

I mentioned this before when I wanted to buy one, and for some reason I thought you didn't like it. Maybe that was someone else. I'll have to check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts