Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting this one off too..............

Hey........did you see the quilt that I posted in the March forum?

Have fun this month...........and don't forget pics!

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo for the redirect on that quilt FF!! I missed it and absolutely love those animals - especially the squirrel and chipmunks!! What a treasure!!

Since DH packed up my sewing room with three deep and four high boxes when he was 'cleaning', I caqnnot find the fabric for the baby quilts - shall see what else I can do!!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I posted it at the end of the month---forgot about the new thread starting.........but it is sooooooooooo cute that I wanted to be sure that everyone saw it.

The TALENT that went into that thing is just amazing..........the DETAIL still just enthralls me when I look at the pics.

·
19,119 Posts
I am so glad you have your pictures - amazing how many creative people are out there!! Mahalo too for sharing them with those of us less fortunate!!

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
I know I posted it at the end of the month---forgot about the new thread starting.........but it is sooooooooooo cute that I wanted to be sure that everyone saw it.

The TALENT that went into that thing is just amazing..........the DETAIL still just enthralls me when I look at the pics.
WOW, that is an amazing quilt! My big sewing goal for this year is to make a quilt, but I can pretty much guarantee you it won't be anywhere near so detailed as that one. Gorgeous!! (Makes me feel kinda like I've got training wheels on over here....which I do, but that's beside the point!)

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW, that is an amazing quilt! My big sewing goal for this year is to make a quilt, but I can pretty much guarantee you it won't be anywhere near so detailed as that one. Gorgeous!! (Makes me feel kinda like I've got training wheels on over here....which I do, but that's beside the point!)
I hope you do get your quilt done LB. They are pretty fun to make and you feel so good when they are done. I won't have one like that pic in MY LIFETIME! It wasn't posted on the quilt but I always want to know how long it took them to make it. Hey........even peanut would have to take awhile with THAT ONE!! :laugh:

We have peanut in the quilting section and yankeemom in the knitting section that are the bionic fingers of FV!! :laugh: Or maybe just more disciplined!!! Course VL is right in there too.........BUT SHE DITCHED US.............and I miss her!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have been gone for what seems like forever, but not really. Was really busy with getting a quilt done and all the baby bedding for our new grandaughter due next month. So wanted to post a couple picks of what I have been doing.

We found the rug at a garage sale for $1.00, tags still on it from Wal-Mart, regular price 15.99it matches pretty good.

·
19,119 Posts
Dutchtulip - great to hear from you - love the baby quilt - it all goes together sooooooowell - you have been busy!!

LB - I've learned not to compare quilts - just cherish them all for all the work and love put into each one!!

Reactions: Luckybustert

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for posting the pics DT. Glad you stopped back in to show us............you have been busy!

I love them ---Cute items.........and the quilt reminds me of neopolitan ice cream............I must be hungry! A really cute 'outfit'............are you ready for baby now?

·
19,119 Posts
Have not started on the baby quilts that I want tomake this month. Tonight was the last night of our reading group at school - I did get the address of the reader for the toddlers so I can send hers as soon as it's done. Am kind of excited about using non traditional colors for this boy's baby quilt!! Yes, I know, I promise to take pictures!!

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Sewing class tonight - getting reacquainted with my sewing machine and working on improving my skills. :D

So I'm curious...have any of you made any quilts using the Eleanor Burns' Quilt in a Day patterns? If so, what did you think? And how long did it REALLY take? I have her Trip Around the World booklet and have always loved that design.

·
19,119 Posts
Have fun tonight LB!! Have never heard of her, but it sounds intriguing to be able create a quilt in a day!!

I rounded up all the scrap material to make two of the baby boy quilts - actually probably more appropriate for when they are older because there is nothing saying baby in the fabrics!!

Slow steps, here, but at least they are in the right direction as "onward we crawl"!! ;)

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I'm curious...have any of you made any quilts using the Eleanor Burns' Quilt in a Day patterns? If so, what did you think? And how long did it REALLY take? I have her Trip Around the World booklet and have always loved that design.
Have a couple of her books but --sad to say.......haven't use her technique yet.

Someone on here has made her stuff...........don't know if it was VL or who did the posting about it. They liked her, I remember that.

Most everyone that has used her books has liked her. I like her Lover's Knot quilt..........just need MORE TIME!

She used to have patterns ($$) for these dolls but can't find a pic..............here is more info about her.

Quilt in a Day - Quilt Patterns, Books, Rulers and Supplies by Eleanor Burns

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo FF - that was interesting checking her site out!! Another thing to add to my interest list!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts