Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how much I am going to do this month but I am still cutting out squares.

How about you?

I NEED pictures! :D

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo for getting us going Debbie!!

Just a suggestion for some of your squares - napkins. I made my first batch of patchwork napkins when I was having a Mexican dinner and wanted napkins that were thicker and more colorful than most. Worked out great - would make a great gift too!!

I am going to be cutting out the squares for baby quilts this month.

Your turn, what are you going to do?

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Looks doubtful for me.......unless we have a real patch of bad weather.

So.........quilt club....doubtful......garden club.....YES!

·
19,119 Posts
We know that you will keep checking in FF - looking for pictures at least!! ;)

I just posted this request in the May Sewing club thread too - I'm looking for some simple patchwork patterns - so if you have any favorites you want to share I would really appreciate it!!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo FF - guess I am feeling sort of lazy - I want to whip up some baby quilts - I usually do a random style or diagonal pattern. The type of thing that when I see it I'll know!! I may do one that I found in the books that you sent me too. I should really just dig in and make one!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great links FF! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
I really need to get cracking on my quilting. I'm still hand quilting my scrap quilt, but I'm on the border, so there is light at the end of that tunnel. I also need to piece together two Christmas quilts for presents. I will have to get those machine quilted though, because I am a slow hand quilter. Plus, I just don't seem to work well under pressure.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
My goal for this month is to find my favorite book of quilt patterns (without grumbling too loudly about hubby reorganizing my stuff for me), calculate the yardage, and decide on the colors I want to use.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Now that I've finished the little wallet for Lauren (pics to come as soon as I find my camera), I really need to finish her space quilt. It's taken me forever, and I really don't have THAT much more to do.

·
19,119 Posts
Tami, what patterns are you using for your quilts? Nothing wrong with machine quilting IMHO!!

That reminds me to ask my long lost friend to take a picture of the quilt I made her (my first) over 40 years ago. She still uses it - cannot imagine it because it was hand sewn on my car trip from NH to CA!!

LB - cannot wait to see what you decide to do!!

Michelle - follow me - just do it!! ;) It really works!!

I will decide on a quilt pattern today!!

Reactions: Luckybustert

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love all the plans! Now you have me going to dig out the old quilt book I have ( I forgot I had it and found it when I was searching for things for the yard sale). It is a Debbie Mumm quilt book. I love her work! :)

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
WOOHOO!

Do I see some pictures in our future??? I hope....hope....hope.

knitnmom........don't forget to take pics and post them.

Admire you wonderful people that do that hand quilting.....I hope the people appreciate it that get the quilts.

·
19,119 Posts
Debbie - I totally envy you having a D.Mumm quilt book - and cannot wait to see what you make!!

After my 10 min. bike ride, instead of working on the costumes, I cut out two inch strips of my scraps for making the baby quilts. Before I knew it - almost 3 hours have gone by and I have made lots of squares that I can now iron and then sew together. I have had so much fun!! .....and not a bit of guilt!!

So, I just had lunch so now am going to go back downstairs, ride for 10 more minutes and then finish up what I can on the squares, clean it up and then start on the costumes again.

Yup, yup - I can tell that there will be pictures before the day is out!!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I love all the plans! Now you have me going to dig out the old quilt book I have ( I forgot I had it and found it when I was searching for things for the yard sale). It is a Debbie Mumm quilt book. I love her work! :)
Her stuff is cute. And JA's carries a lot of her fabric. Go online and sign up for their email..........they give coupons and free shipping quite often. The 'gamble' would be the colors but her line of fabrics is made to go with each other.

·
19,119 Posts
Am almost afraid to sign up for JA's stuff - may be too tempting - but the info is great FF - mahalo!!

·
19,119 Posts
Baby quilt

Well here is the top to the baby quilt that I cut and sewed today - it was really fun taking a day off to do something different!!

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo - It made me really happy to sew it - love how the colors came together. Now I need to unearth my quilt batting and I can put it together!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FF - will have to do that, thanks!

MM - the baby quilt is adorable and you made it so quickly! I just love the colors you chose. Way to go! :)

Reactions: mauimagic
1 - 20 of 34 Posts