Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at some things I'd like to do for the quilting club and would like some suggestions.

Here are a few I'm thinking about - please let me know what you think. Then how about some suggestions you'd like to see that I can take a look at.

*fat quarter trains - they have been really successful and fun

*treasure box - I really liked putting this together but it seemed to take forever to get moving. I'd like to do another couple in the fall, but possibly have 2 going instead of 1. What do you all think?

*block swap - haven't done this yet but wondered what you all thought? If we do a block swap, it doesn't matter how much quilting you've done and will probably have a couple going on so that you don't have to make that many blocks.

*contests -these have all been fun. The scramble one was the best so be prepared for another one.

*quilting swap - we haven't done this yet either. I'd do it something similar to Sara's monthly swaps. What do you think

*quilting pattern swap - again we haven't done this one yet.

Those are a few I'm thinking about. How about some suggestions

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I honestly think all your ideas are great!!

I've done the fat quarter train and contests and yes they are lots of fun. Haven't done the treasure box so I don't know.....was it just slow CJ?

Block Swap ~ does that mean that we each make a block and trade it with someone else or how does that work?

Quilting Swap and Quilting Pattern Swap ~ I think that sounds like a real neat idea, with the quilting swap everyone would get something different and if we knew what the other's colours etc. were we could personalize it!

:thumb:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I like the block swap idea! And the contests have been real fun. all the ideas sound great.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I have really really enjoyed the fat quarter trains!! I have recieved some beatiful fat quarters!! I think all of your ideas are fantastic CJ!!:D

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I like all of them. I am not very confident in my blocks, so if I did one of those, the person who got it would have to be understanding! LOL

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
They all sound great--I won't be doing the block swap though...I'm not nearly good enough yet :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts