Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:ugh:

Wednesday, DH goes to start the van. It'll turn but it won't start. It sounded to us like the fuel pump might have gone. We called the mechanic and they asked us to have it towed in. $70 for a tow and the van is there the rest of the day. They call us at 4:30 and talk to DH. DH gets off the phone and tells me that it started right up for them at the shop.

They ask us to leave it with them and see if it starts the next day. Sure enough, it did. All in all, it cost us $180 for the tow and the labor inspection. We thought it would be $500, but then DH tells me that the magic number to have the fuel pump replaced would have been....

$1200.

:censor:

I told DH we'd be better off starting a car fund. This is why, kids!

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
don't you just HATE that...when things go wrong but then there is no evidence why ??? ($180 later...ugh!) at least its working now and i hope you have no more problems with it til you get your new 'baby'....

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Ugh. Car repairs drive me nuts (no pun intended :lol: ). I am expecting to need to buy a replacement car soon and have started a car fund too.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that really irks me because no one knows what was wrong with it. Bleh!

:sigh:

DH said it happened again a day or two ago, but he was able to rock it forward once or twice and it started right up. I'm thinking it's a loose connection somewheres.

Hopefully once the book gets published and I make some money, I can buy a Chilton or Haynes manual and take a look for myself. Invest in some wheel stands, a jack, etc and put the car on stands to take a closer look at what can be wrong. I hate newer cars because everything is so complicated now. Maybe once I pinpoint what's wrong and fix it, DH will be more lax on me touching the van. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts