Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi! I'm not a quilter (yet), but i wanted to try & make a rag quilt for my soon to be here DS#3.
Yes i'll probably be googling this soon, but figured i'd ask here incase anyone had some super easy instructions or a link i can visit... you know, ask the people who know already. :)
I haven't used my sewing machine in YEARS... but want to break it out of storage & put it to some good use. Who knows, maybe i'll fall in love with quilting & make this a regular thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hope eveyrone is having a super fantastic day!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
I didn't know what a rag quilt was, so I looked it up and found this helpful website:
http://www.quilting101.com/styles/rag-quilts.html

They look neat, and I like the idea of using different fabrics than the norm in quilting. :)

Best of luck to you in this endeavor, and be sure to post some pictures for us!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for the links... looking at them all right now.

Jessica... OMG I just got lost blog hopping from your blog (after looking at your quilts of course- love the pink one for Ainsley, can't wait to see it finished). I'm getting that sewing itch again (thank you)... think my hubby might be in trouble now. :)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Thanks! Don't forget....I've restarted the Quilting Club here ~ all skill levels are welcome. We are doing a Fat Quarter Train right now and I've got a few other things to get started this fall....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts