Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is their such thing? iv'e been searchign to see if theirs any in google images and havent seen any in rags. Just wondering if it would look stupid making one out of a coat hanger ?

·
19,119 Posts
This sounds interesting. What does it look like in your creative mind?

·
8,714 Posts
~Oh that sounds cute! I don't think it will look stupid so long as you tie the rag strips on the frame very densely. I bet it would be a nice July 4th decoration for US members ;-).~

·
Registered
495 Posts
I agree, I think it's a great idea! I just wouldn't know how to go about bending the coat hanger to be star shaped. I'd love to see a picture if someone manages to do this project!!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mauimagic:
this sounds interesting. What does it look like in your creative mind?
well its all jumbled up and always thinkin , not always finishing right away but thinkin lol
nuisance26- yeah i think id have to go fairly dense with it to keep shape.
knitnmom: if i can figure out how to do it in 2 coat hangers with hubby helping Ill show pics before and after.

thanks for replies everyone. sorry i havent on much last 2 days- running the roads all weekend lol

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hubby said hes going to go buy a certain gauge wire thats cheap so Id have enough, hes says its feesable or doable. ill let ya know and show u results after its bent.
i just wonder since hubbys a carpenter could i use wood dowels in the shape of a star then cover them?????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts