Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awoke to rain at 5 this morning. What a wondeful sound.
Will be a quiet day around here as DH worked all night and will sleep most of the day when he gets home. Expect him around 10am.
DD has state testing starting this week at school.

So far today
Up
Dressed
Coffee made and consumed
Furbags Fed
Dishwasher run

Still to do
Load boxes in truck for trip to PO
Post stuff on freecycle
Pen a couple of letters
Sort out a few more boxes of clean out stuff
Supper something out of hambuger

Lauire in Bradenton

·
8,714 Posts
I took a break from my purging mission this weekend so I guess I'd better get back to it today.I haven't done a thing this morning except drink Jamacian Blue Mountain coffee(YUM!). So today I need to:
~unload/load dishwasher
~fold clothes/put away
~wash darks and hang
~make shopping list
~finish mending
~send rebates
~pay car bill
~work on taxes?
~dust/vacuum/swipe
~purge like crazy
I think I'm gonna need more caffiene to get going this morning. Uhg.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I don't have a whole lot planned for the day. It's my sweetie's birthday, so we'll be going over to my grandparents' house for pizza and cake to celebrate. Other than that:

- unload dishwasher
- pick up around the apt.
- go get marriage certificate
- maybe watch a movie
- nap
- work at 11pm

Have a great (well, as good as they get) Monday everyone.

·
Registered
942 Posts
It is garden day here. This morning we have some fog leftover from the rain yesterday which should burn off in the next hour or two. I have done very little so far this am, waiting for all children to wake up and just catching up on some computer reading.

To do today:
~ breakfast
~ clean kitchen, run load of dishes
~ Laundry
~ DD7 morning lessons
~ take DD7 to Spanish
~ Lessons with DD4
~ Pick up DD7 from Spanish
~ Lunch
~ Outside and plant garden
~ Cook dinner
~ Knit on bath mat some more
~ Clean up

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I worked last night and work again tonight so I won't get much done in the way of housework. I plan to toss a load of laundry in and get the laundry room and kitchen swept and mopped and then to bed and then I will run by the library on my way to work.

Have a great day everyone.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Good Morning everyone. I was up at 4am with dh then fell back asleep until I thought I was dreaming because i heard birds chirping and then I got up to go look out the back patio door and it wasnt a dream, there were birds on the trees chirping a sign for me that winter is done and spring is on its way.
So I stayed up and so far have mopped the floors and vaccummed the bedrooms. Done laundry, fed the critters, got son up for college and cleaned bathrooms.
Today is bill day, so will be sitting down to write what will seem like a gazillion checks for the medical and ordinary bills. I had a quicken program on my computer that I didn't realize was there and I have been tracking everything. I feel so much better about things.

You ladies have a wonderful day.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Today is family day around our house. :) DH took most of the day off from work and the kids are home from school because of the snow. I love family days.
Already today we have:
Made the beds
Had breakfast
Mopped the dining room floor
Load #1 of laundry done
Later we will:
Do load #2 of laundry
Mop the kitchen
Vacuum
Run some errands
Go out for a late lunch/early dinner
Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Just a few stubborn snow flurries this morning. Should be up to 43 this afternoon. Another lovely work week beginning (yes - sarcasm). I have a job interview this afternoon after work so I am in a pretty good mood (another one tomorrow morning).
Dinner is in the crockpot this morning so no matter when the interview is over (I am guessing 5:30 or 6 pm- starts at 4:30) dinner is ready when the kids get hungry.
I need to fold the white clothes that I hung up yesterday and wash/hang a load of darks.
Finals are this week so I need to study
Catbox needs to be scooped
Dishes will need to be switched out
Need to vac the common areas (both kids cleaned their rooms this weekend- miracles!)
Happy Monday everyone!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
We had no school today so I slept in until 8:30

I made coffee

checked my ebay

and here I am.

I am not doing so well you think lol???

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I am doing my usual. Watching the three three year olds. It is great weather here in GA. So the boys got the much needed fresh air they have been missing. Made them more crazy when we came in, but they were hungry and I think an early bedtime is in the works.. I hope.
Everyone have a nice day.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Fine Fine I will go clean the livingroom.

Sheesh you dang go getters!

*mumbles* Making me look bad for sitting on my fanny*mumbles mumbles*

Time me! LOL

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
:lol: yep, you can rest now - you got farther than I did :D

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Good morning all! It's sunny and cool here, will be up in the 50's.Going out today to pick up a few birthday gifts.Then back home and will do a quick pickup, litter boxes, maybe a load of laundry. Will do supper and dishes, then watch Wife Swap. Have a good day!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Hello!!...I envy you ladies that are having nice weather!!...We got snow again and a sleet mix last night:snowing: ....Come on spring!!!:applause:
Well so far I have...
~ dryed a load of wash
~washed a load and it is in the dryer
~ balanced the checkbook :thud:
I need to...
~ get a shower and dressed
~ clean the bathrooms
~ do more wash
~ go to the pharmacy
~ take a watermelon I bought yesterday back to the store, it was bad inside

Have a great day:hug2:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lisa (3-boys-4-me) how long do you simer that child? Does the clothing add eta flavor or do you use it to strain out the bones? hahaha

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
300 Posts
LOL ya'll are cracking me up this morning!!

It is 75 already this morning!! It is gorgeous outside.

I have...
~ made bed and dressed
~ washed diapers, theya re in the dryer
~ sorted mountains o' laundry and started 1st load
~ breakfast
~ enjoyed my hot tea and took meds to get rid of a sinus headache
~ cleaned out purse
~ cable guy fixed our cable that was out due to wind
~ DD8 has done her phonics, handwriting, grammar, and vocab
~ got pork loin out to thaw for supper

Still to do...
~ Math lesson with dd8, history, science, and reading
~ Reading, math, and phonics with ds5
~ finish washing, drying, folding the mounds of laundry
~ run to Ace at lunchtime and buy new bunkbeds for the boys
~ ds karate, dd piano and brownies
~ make supper
~ go to new house and help dh install the rest of the cabinets tonight

·
Registered
7,732 Posts
PLAY DAY! I have some dishes to wash, then -- who cares about the floors? Or anything else?

Quilting!

A great (so far) sci fi novel that I couldn't put down last night until the nocturnal cats made it plain that it was even way past THEIR bedtime and was I ever going to turn off the lights?

I'm a little chilly, but that's because I have all the windows open and I'm wearing light clothes and I'm barefooted. I could give in, I guess, and put some socks on, but it's wonderful to be "properly" dressed again!

I have split days off this week -- Mon/Thurs -- so I'm going to make the most of today, since tomorrow it's back to the grind.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I have made the bed, picked up the living room and kitchen. I need to organize my paperwork still and get a job search folder together. I am going to make a hamburger casserole for dinner and freeze the rest of the club pack into meal portions for the month. I am going to scrub the kitchen counters and sweep and mop the kitchen floor after dinner. I might vacuum the carpets this evening too. I am going to weed through my shoes and get rid of outdated ones or ones that I haven't worn in over a year.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts