Frugal Village Forums banner

ran into a snag...

Tags
ran snag
2K views 26 replies 21 participants last post by  guest2 
#1 ·
I ran into a huge snag today. I was calling around looking for hostesses (I started up as an Independent Demonstrator with Stampin' Up! :) ). So I am calling my first person on my list (i don't have a long list, not many people here that i know) and was talking to her a little, and she seemed a bit aloof. After I asked her if she'd like to host a workshop or demonstration, she says no. I say okie doke, and ask her to keep me in mind if she'd like to do one in the future. She says "no, I won't be doing one in the future either. To tell the truth, I really don't like you all that much, and wouldn't have anything to do with you if it weren't for Erick" (my dh...she knows him through his company). I told her I was sorry to hear that, and that i wished her a nice day anyhow. I was stunned and hung up the phone very slowly...and went and cried. She has been all buddy-buddy with me when Erick has had barbecues and or office parties that they have invited her to. (She is a office mgr for a supplier that Dh's company uses, if i remember correctly what she does). Talk about a kick in the teeth. I am still cryin like a dork right now. Ah well, just thought I'd get it off my chest.

#2 ·
That was awfully crewl of her.... You are better off without her if she wants to be like that...

My guess is that if she acts like that then she doesn't and won't have many friends at all!

Keep your chin up!

#3 ·
:hugz: Totally uncalled for behaviour!!!

Don't worry about it now - This too shall pass ;)

You can't please all the people all the time and you can't please some at all!!!

I LIKE YOU! AND I'd have a party!

Her loss not yours!

Stand up, brush yourself off, look the world in the eye and carry on!

Luv ya LOTS
Bev. xxxx

#5 ·
melissa...that is so sad. I am sorry she was so rude to you. Saying no is one thing, but to carry on like that was just hateful.
Please don't let her get you down. You are so talented with scrapping.
Don't cry. Not over her complete cruelness.

#6 ·
What a witch ! You'r better off without her ! I like you !!!!!!!!Don't think of it as a snag, think of it as a blessing, now you won't have to deal with someone shallow enough to pretend to like you !

#7 ·
Thanks everyone :grouphug:

I don't know why I am so upset about this still. I want to just let it go, but i keep :sigh: 'ing about it.

But I do feel better, thanks everyone.:)

#8 ·
Oh sweetie I would cry like a big dork too. She was so mean who needs her!

#9 ·
Let me at her :fpunch: ! She's a :loser:
A pox on her, say I.
Sounds like she may be a bit jealous of you. People who are like that usually are. Spend no more time and energy on this :loop:.

You can do this and again I'm so happy your getting to do something you enjoy. Go get 'em Melissa!

#10 ·
I'm so sorry to hear how nasty she was to you!! That is just terrible. You are a great person and IMO this just shows how she is not a good person and you are better off without this person. Sending big hugs to you!!

#11 ·
What a JERK!! You are better off without her!

She wouldn't have made a good hostess with that attitude anyway.

Call the next person on your list, I just know you will do better!!

:hugz:

#12 ·
Melissa, :hugz: ...

I can't believe what she said to you! :eek: Dalrene is right she is a :loser: That is no way of living in society. She was very rude and cruel. Now just forget about her...she is *not worth it*....

And I understand you still feel sad...I would too. Big ((((hugs)))) to you dear Melissa.:hugz: :hugz: :hugz:

#13 ·
I've been thinking about you all night :hugz:

I've desperately been trying recently to control my dreadful temper and see 'the other side' and spread some love and all those nice positive things.

Having given it careful consideration - LET ME AT HER! :pdoff:

I'm working on it but hey I'm not perfect and I just can't forget this so I had to come back.

You ARE VERY talented and she IS a :loser: AND I would cry too ;)

Just try and forget this one Melissa it's all you can do - It's a shame it was your first call as well but some things are sent to try us (I think my LIFE was sent to do that LOL) You're gonna be GREAT!!!!

:hugz: again!

#14 ·
Oh my Melissa, I am so sorry you had to deal with someone so rude and ignorant. Sadly enough, there are people out there like this and you are MUCH better off without her. You handled yourself wonderfully by being polite and that just shows what a super person you are!!! It's called "class"!!

If I lived closer I'd have a party with you!!!!:smball:

#16 ·
What a horrible woman! Just remember...people who put other people down are usually self-conscious about themselves and they do it to make themselves feel better. WE all KNOW how wonderful you are!

#18 ·
What a hateful mean old biddy! I would like to give her a :fpunch: in the nose. May the fleas of 10,000 elephants infest her armpits (crossing arms and blinking now).

Sweetie, you are a wonderful person and you do not need poisonous people like her in your life. Please don't let her bother you, she is not worth it at all! You are special to us and WE love you.

#20 ·
oh my goodness melissa, i'm so sorry. that is so mean. (((((((big hugs))))))) to you.:hugz: :hugz: :hugz:

#21 ·
I can not say anything nicer than what the others have said! However, I just have to say I understand it upsetting you! It upset me when dhs bosses wife warned off one of his friends because she says I am clingy!
Thats not near as mean as what this........ nitwit (wanted to say something really nasty but I am trying to be good!) said!
She really isn't in your class at all, you are levels ahead of her!
I am afraid I would have said, "Really???? Oh thank you for telling me, I didn't want to hurt your feelings being the first to say it!" then I would have hung up!:toothy:
How did the other calls go?

#22 ·
i haven't made any more calls, :( I am a bit put off by how nasty she was. I thought i would get back at it tomorrow or monday. I am still upset, lol boy do i ever dwell on things, huh??

#23 ·
captclearance said:
What a witch ! You'r better off without her ! I like you !!!!!!!!Don't think of it as a snag, think of it as a blessing, now you won't have to deal with someone shallow enough to pretend to like you !
You are a lucky girl not to be in the presence of someone like that. You are a talented person with lots to offer, dont let something like this get you down. We love you !!!

#24 ·
Ding, ding....... Ladies and Gentlemen.... Our first match of the night......
Darlene (The Champ) vs. the Witch...
Second Bev (The Queen ) vs. the witch....
3rd.. Kathy (The Master Blaster vs. the Witch... (or what's left of her .......
You tell her Melissa, you've got some dangerous friends that belong to the organization !!!
These are some tough gals and would kick her butt for a cookie !!!!!!!:chomp:

#25 ·
I am putting out a plate of cookies, lol!!!!!

thnaks everyone. I will get on calling people again Monday. I am hoping for better luck :)

It is great to know i have so many friends here! Thanks agian everyone.

#26 ·
People like that Witch w/ a CAPITAL B should be pitied. Think how unhappy her life must be for her to treat others in such a despicable manner!

I like you...BIG hugs!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.