Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~Want to read the Bible through this year? Join in as we hold each other accountable in 2011!

What version will you be reading?
Will you follow a reading plan?

~

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
~I'll be reading the second half of the TNIV "Books of the Bible" edition that I started in 2010. I have a bit less than 900 pages left so that's 2-3 pages a day.
I'd like to start the KJV again when I finish this version. :) ~

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I am going to join in or attempt to this year. I have the CBN website send me an email every day with certain verses in scripture to read. It's a read the bible in a year email....So I am going to try to do that....I am getting the emails every day, I might as well read them!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
You can count me in of course. I will be reading KJV and start wherever I leave off at the end of this year. I'll post my starting point when I know for sure what it is.

Cat

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I am in this year. I have been wanting to do this for a while so 2011 will be my year. :)

Reactions: nuisance26

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I am in!

I will be reading The New American Bible.
I need to look and see if there is an actual "plan" for it.
There are 1512 pages, so that would be 4-5 pages a day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Me, please. I am highly addicted to the word already (I carry a small purse Bible in well, my purse) but I think all of the motivation another follower (or even non believer) can get helps. I'll be reading a NIV version and starting with the gospels... again. I love them, they're my favorite.

If you're new to this book, I highly suggest starting with the New Testament.

God Bless!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I know I *need* to read the Bible more. I failed as a Christian when I was a teen because I didn't read the Bible, and never learned about the amazing prophecies of the coming Messiah and geneology of Christ (no-one ever explained all those 'begats' to us in Sunday School, they were too busy preaching hell and damnation). I ended up leaving my church and faith, until this year when God found me again and told me enough is enough. I'm fortunate to have found some really great Christian friends and a church home I'm comfortable in that has already, in the few months I've been attending, taught me more about the Bible and history than I ever learned in years at the church of my youth.

Anyway, I don't think I will formally join this challenge (afraid I'll just set myself up for failure) but in addition to my regular NIV Bible I also purchased a One Year Bible for Women (NLT) at my church bookstore as a Christmas present to myself. It is not organized 'in order' but includes daily selections from the Old Testament (excepting Psalms Proverbs); New Testament; Psalms and Proverbs. I don't know whether I can get through it all in one year, just reading and not understanding what it actually says, especially the Old Testament, is no longer good enough for me. However I'm thinking of at least working through the New Testament the best I can, supplemented with the Psalms and Proverbs and then starting back with the Old Testament (probably next yera) and maybe finding some online, or even purchase, some study guides to help with the historical background.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oops I failed to answer the questions in my previous post. I plan to read the NIV version of the Bible. I'm going to be following the One Year Bible plan at YouVersion.com

They have a lot of reading plans and Bible versions/translations to choose from. It's free.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I will be reading the KJV and I will be following the reading plan from BibleGateway (like mymelody). I have actually started already and have their reading plan begins with Genesis. :)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I did find a reading plan for the Catholic version (has several more "books" than the Protestant version) New American translation. It includes a reading for the Old Testament, the New Testament, and one for the Psalms, then the Proverbs. It also includes a reading from the official Catechism, so it will be a very thourough reading plan.

I am looking forward to beginning and I also may try to start a little early cause I always get behind ;-/

dh finished putting the "tabs" on my Bible, so that will make it a little easier.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I will get in on this one....I always start this challenge, but i don't finish :( I am hoping to do MUCH better this year.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I have a New Life Version of Daily Spiritual Refreshments for Women. Reading the Bible in a year.

That is what I will be following on Jan 1st. I hope to do my reading first thing in the morning...wonderful way to start the day!

Happy Reading everyone!!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I did find a reading plan for the Catholic version (has several more "books" than the Protestant version) New American translation. It includes a reading for the Old Testament, the New Testament, and one for the Psalms, then the Proverbs. It also includes a reading from the official Catechism, so it will be a very thourough reading plan.

I am looking forward to beginning and I also may try to start a little early cause I always get behind ;-/

dh finished putting the "tabs" on my Bible, so that will make it a little easier.
Do you have a link for the reading plan? Fellow Catholic here :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Would love to join!! I will be reading the Saint Joseph Edition.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I read Genesis 1-3, and Matthew 1 today through my CBN email! Read it with my morning coffee...what a wonderful way to start the day and new year! God Bless everyone!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
PM sent with the link, shovelski. ;)

I have read day 1 and 2 and will read day 3 tonight.
I am going to try to read it first thing in my "morning",
but that may not work out.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts