Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine showed me some of the basics of how to crochet but I'd like to learn how to read patterns. Any suggestions on where to start?

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
I'm sure there are good sites on the internet. It's not hard once you get the hang of it.

Come join us on the Crochet Corner thread if you haven't already - I've been busy and haven't been keeping up very well. We have a lot of fun.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Tons of stuff on the internet.......and you tube, if you get stuck on a stitch.

I ended up buying the Crochet Bible......as a book to have by my chair when I had a question...........but not much help in the "reading of patterns"...............that takes time, experience, and like anything else.........some people can write better pattern instructions than others..........you also learn that.

START EASY........is my best advice..........if you get overwhelmed, you will give up.........

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
You might also want to see if there are any crocheting classes in your area. Then again, I tend to prefer real, live, hands on instruction over youtube.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your suggestions and invutation. I found "Crocheting for Dummies" at a thrift store. Hopefully, it will help. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts