Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Makes sense to me too! Thanks for sharing. :)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I am glad you shared this article. I had the same exact question. I realize now that it takes years to have a stockpile.
Thanks!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Helps to remind me to be patient! lol My stockpile has come in handy on more than one occassion. That being said, when it dwindles down to a few sparse cans of this or that, it's a wee bit depressing and at times feels a bit overwhelming when trying to build it back up again. But in time, with sales (I live in Canada and we don't have double/triple coupons here at all, sure wish we did though lol), BOGO sales etc, I've been able to replenish my stockpile. It's still not where I'd like it to be but in time, I'll get there. I have a yrs worth of BBQ sauce, mustard, soy sauce, jam/jelly,TP (woohoo lol), deordorant, bar soap, shampoo and conditioner. I have about a 3 mth supply of potato flakes, margarine, peanutbutter, ketchup, relish,canned tomatoes. A 6 mth supply of pasta, sugar and canned soups (cream of mushroom, tomato, veggie) and creamed honey.

Anyways, as long as a person can remain patient (i'm not very patient lol) and remember that every little bit counts and it does add up in time then it's all groovy :)

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Well for me this doesn't cut the mustard..LOL..When I shop a good sale I'm ALWAYS getting the "BEST DEAL" and stockup on as many as I need or can get..Yes, I have a family of 6 and the nearest store is 35 minutes away (one way) from me...no way am I not getting what I need even if it mean's clearing the shelf.. hopefully 1 trip and not multiple trips will save me more money in the end..This is how I've stockpiled for years..

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Well for me this doesn't cut the mustard..LOL..When I shop a good sale I'm ALWAYS getting the "BEST DEAL" and stockup on as many as I need or can get..Yes, I have a family of 6 and the nearest store is 35 minutes away (one way) from me...no way am I not getting what I need even if it mean's clearing the shelf.. hopefully 1 trip and not multiple trips will save me more money in the end..This is how I've stockpiled for years..
Agree. I've never cleared a shelf unless there were only a very few on it however I, too, will get what I need if at a best price. If I have say 10 coupons on one item and it's at a "best" price after sale and coupon then 10 are going home with me if it's something I use alot of.

Reactions: brenda67

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've uhmm:whistle: cleared out a shelf or two in my time when a sale hits for a much needed item...and I don't feel guilty either lol Ok, for instance, with the deordant, there were 10 left...and with the sale price, it was the best deal i could get and all 10 of them were sitting there patiently on the shelf waiting to be bought lol Ok seriously, the way i see it, I'm a paying customer and if i want to buy 10 of an item or whatever quantity, then so be it. First come, first serve :p Like I said, we don't have the coupon deals here in canada the way our neighbours to the south do, so when you come across a great sale with or without a coupon (in this town, coupons are few and far between) most folks stock up. It's a rural farming community, alot of folks are old school in that regard and no, it's not hoarding, it's just being prepared ;)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Thanks for the article!! It surely does make sense. :)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
This is a new website for me, so I looked though it a bit. Loved it!
Thanks for sharing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts