Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on the hunt for REALLY good smelling laundry for some years now. I like my laundry to smell like detergent or whatever because I LOVE the smell of them. Clean, fresh.....

Tell me what you use in your laundry to make them smelling really good! I do like the strong scents! Right now I'm using Tide Free (only because my pregnancy has me itching otherwise I'd be using a good smelly one) and OxiClean because that's my favorite scent! Then I use Sams Club dryer sheets.....I would love to hear what you're using!

·
Registered
460 Posts
We use all (free) or purex b/c it doesn't make our skin itch! (I DO LOVE TIDE... if only ds wasn't allergic!)... but for some reason we can use whatever fab. softener... so I use lavendar vanilla scented (I put into a spray bottle) & spray 3-5 squirts onto clothes once in dryer & dry for 5-10 min ~enough go get the wrinkles out & then hang them all up to dry... works like a charm!!! :bump:

Kim

·
Registered
140 Posts
SUAVITEL !!!

OMG it is the bomb! The liquid (blue container) is the best, but the dryer sheets (blue package) are pretty good, too.

The problem is that it is hard to find! Our Walmart can NOT keep it in stock. I can sometimes find the sheets in Family Dollar.

Just remember it is the original scent in a blue container/packaging (Field Flower aka Fresca Primavera). I think they have a floral one, too. I don't like that one as much.

These are marketed toward the hispanic market. That might be why they are hard to find. But it is AWESOME!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I use purex after the rain and for liquid and bounce sheets i use lavender scented downy sheets.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I like Gain but the scent is too much for my children. I use one the Downy scented fabric softners and use a Downey ball.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Gain is my favorite. And the Gain Fab soft is awesome.....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Gain is the strongest scented laundry detergent I've ever used. In fact, it was way too strong for me, but you may like it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ohhh, I'm addicted to good-smelling laundry, too. I blame my mom, LOL! I like snuggle liquid fabric softener, and the smell of regular tide.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I use TIDE original scent. I use Downey liquid in the washer and Bounce sheets in the dryer. I like all the scents.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
We love TIde with Febreeze - really strong and fresh!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Gain is my favorite. And the Gain Fab soft is awesome.....
Right now I have Tide detergent because it was given to me, and Gain fabric softener. Love the scent!

Detergent is one area in which I buy name brand-- I've had problems with cheaper products before.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I use the liquid Arm & Hammer Essentials. It's not a super strong smell, but it smells clean...kinda like grass or something! LOL!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Tide just sent me a free sample of their new line, and it was PHENOMENAL! If I wasn't so cheap I would switch to it full time...but for now, I think I will buy it occassionally, when I find a coupon for it.

DH and I both agreed that it was the best laundry product we had ever smelled! I think it was white lilac????

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I use homemade soap a lot of the time but otherwise I'll use whatever is on sale at the time. I always prefer old fashioned downy for fab. softner but right now am using something. Doesn't smell nearly as good though ;)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
SUAVITEL !!!

OMG it is the bomb! The liquid (blue container) is the best, but the dryer sheets (blue package) are pretty good, too.
I so agree with you! When I discovered this good stuff I never went back to anything else. I also love the ones in the green and yellow bottle too.

I usually find mine at kmart or Walmart around here.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I use Tide w/ Downy, with a little bit of Borax, then i use liquid downy (in the purple bottle, lavender something). that liquid downy is AWESOME!!!! my clothes always smell good. Its worth the money to have good smelling clothes & clean ones too. i'm a bargain shopper, but i don't bargain when it comes to my laundry!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Tide just sent me a free sample of their new line, and it was PHENOMENAL! If I wasn't so cheap I would switch to it full time...but for now, I think I will buy it occassionally, when I find a coupon for it.

DH and I both agreed that it was the best laundry product we had ever smelled! I think it was white lilac????
I agree. I am tempted to buy some just wash my sheets in. I love the smell especially at bedtime.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I use what ever detergent, but love fleecy in the rinse water! Front loader, so its easy to do..lol. I can't use downy, I could take a wire brush to my skin after.

Love it on my sweater, on hadnwash cycle, then laid to dry in front of the fireplace(insert). OHHHH smells sooo nice!

I love the scent of the palmolive dishsoap, lavendar or cucumber melon. If I could find detergent or softener in those sents...well, dh would want his washed separate..lol

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Gain detergent and dryer sheets.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts