Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a lot about frugality and saving. But most of the books available are a little old, written in the 1980- or 1990-
Does any of you know of more recent books, published in the last years??

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Reactions: pollypurebred39

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I have a book I've written, but yet to find a publisher for. If it does get released, I'll let you know. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great!!

I hope you get your book published!!! Maybe publishers can be motivated to publish it after christmas? People are just sooo pour after the holidays. And the everybody would buy it :)

I'd like to translate your book in order to get it published in Europe!
I'm fluent in Swedish and French.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I've read a lot about frugality and saving. But most of the books available are a little old, written in the 1980- or 1990-
Does any of you know of more recent books, published in the last years??

Thanks!!!
I read "Be Thrifty: How to Live Better with Less" in the bookstore and loved it! It was recently written, and the ideas were interesting and relevant to me.

Reactions: mamamia and RABBIT

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
to be honest most of the basic principles are the same from the 80s until now and ist the matter of incorporating them into your life - some will fit your life some wont .

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I heard about these books on the radio. They have this one about house and home and then several city specific books.

The {CHEAP} Bastards Guide - The Ultimate Guides to Living The Good Life - For FREE

Love this! So tried of every book being about what I can do to make us more frugal. Like mixes, cooking from scratch, making my own detergent and cleaners, making window quilts, sewing clothes, making/crafting Christmas gifts, etc. Nice to see a book that does not lay the majority of the frugal responsibility on the homemakers shoulders. It's quite a heavy burden to carry some days.

Reactions: Booklover

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I just liked the title. I haven't read it. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I read "Be Thrifty: How to Live Better with Less" in the bookstore and loved it! It was recently written, and the ideas were interesting and relevant to me.
I just read this one too. It did have some info to improve my kids' haircuts (since I do them). Mostly I like to occasionally read things to keep 'fired up'.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I just read Be CentsAble and The first Economides book (both from my library!) and thought they were both great.

I like The Economides suggestion to shop monthly - it's easier for me and if they don't care about missing weekly deals, then neither do I!!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
As mentioned above, the Economides are known as 'the cheapest family in America'. Also look for books from the 'coupon Mom' for ways to reduce your food/hba expenses...her 'latest' book is only a few years old.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.