·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here's my result! I am excited, because it was quick to do. I scanned my results to show ya'll. My card was 6x4, so i cut it to a square of 4 x 4. I used the back of the card for the bottom of the box and cut it smaller to fit inside, 3 3/4" X 3 3/4 ". The finished size of this box is quite small, a little smaller than a ring box, maybe good for storing seeds?? (finished measurements are 11/16 inches tall, and 1 3/8" square)

My cards were from a greeting card assortment pack that I had purchased. I can't wait to try this with other cards....maybe christmas cards done this way would make neat cristmas gifts...maybe on strings as ornaments with a treat inside? All kinds of ideas! :D

:)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
same box, another view this time of how i used the back of the card to make the bottom...

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the bottom actually fits all the way inside the top, if you wanted to make the bottom stick out some you could use the part of the card back that you cut off and make a collar that fit snugly inside the bottom that stuck up from the edge to keep the bottom from fitting all the way into the top.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
That turned out really nice!

I have made some of these before - I still have some here but I can't take pics for a day or so while I'm setting up my new P.C.

I will post them as soon as I can.

Yours is really nice - I love it.

They are a great way to re-cycle cards aren't they! :) And so useful and pretty too. I don't know about there but little boxes are quite expensive here to buy and you get holograph card ones and that's about it. :(

You made a Great Box - Well done!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I think these would be nice made out of old calenders or copy photos on to card stock and make personalized gift boxes........

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the idea of the calendar! I have used calendar pics to make envelopes for cards too.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I missed this the first time around--that's such a neat idea :thumb:

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
I use to make these all the time and wanted to do it again and so my mom asked a lady she works with who is crafty and she mailed me all the stages of it....lol

Why oh why didn't I think to search the boards here first or ask about it....lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts