Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday the Red Hat ladies had their luncheon here in town. There were 8 of us, plus dd.

After lunch, we headed over to the nursing home, where dd was to play the piano to entertain both the Red Hat ladies and the residents of the nursing home.

The nursing home set up tables for us, placed red tablecloths on them and served us fruit and dip. Three of the residents who joined us were men. Dd made them red hats from red paper napkins and the men were kind enough to wear them.

I was so proud of her has she entertained. They clapped when she played a fast song and were quiet when she played a soft gentle song. At the end of the recital, the leader of the Red Hat ladies gave her a little gift.

It was just so neat to see her amongst the residents of the nursing home just as if it was a part of her every day. Dd is very shy and with her disabilities becomes nervous as well. She showed none of that yesterday.

·
27,948 Posts
Cj that is so wonderful. She certainly is quite the young lady and growing up so fast.:heartsm: Bravo!

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Aww the precious little Victorian lady!!!!!:angel:

Hug and a kiss for her from Kamloops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
I don't know you DD's situation, but from what you said it sounds like it took some courage on her part to do what she did. My congratulations to her. She did a nice thing for those older people. I encounter young people from time to time who are very disrespectful of people older than them. It sounds like your DD is a wonderful person. Good for her!!!

·
Tina Bob
1,591 Posts
That's awesome CJ! Your dd is a wonderful, talented young lady. I know you're proud of her and so are her villages aunties :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts