Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These seem pretty cheap to make. I can't wait to try it. Hope it tastes just like the real thing!

CHEESE GARLIC BISCUITS AKA RED LOBSTER
BISCUITS

2 c. Bisquick
2/3 c. milk
1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 c. melted butter
1/4 tsp. garlic salt

Mix Bisquick, milk and cheddar until a soft ball forms. Beat vigorously for 30 seconds. Drop by balls onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Mix butter and garlic and brush on rolls while still on the pan and hot.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I love these things... I dont go to red lobster but once in a blue moon so I will surely try making these this week I hope, thanks!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
These sound so good, I don't have any bisquick, but I am sure I can find a recipe for how to make bisquick using products I already have here at home. Thank you for posting this recipe, I am going to make them this week. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is how to make your own Bisquick. Never tried it. Is this cheaper than buying the Bisquick?

Yield: 1 cup

1 cup flour,
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon shortening
Combine all ingredients and use as a substitution for Bisquick.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've made a very similar biscuit by just making homemade biscuits as usual instead of using bisquick and then adding the spices, etc. Just letting y'all know an option! We LOVE 'em around here, I bet I make 'em weekly lately!! MMmmMM!

~~

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Been making my own bisquick for years and love the simplicity of having it own hand. I make enough for about 3 months because of the shortening in it.
Barb

·
27,948 Posts
I make those all the time but double the cheese & for the top I use 1/2 the butter & I use garlic powder not garlic salt. They are the cheddar biscuits I'm making to go with the soup I'm making tonight.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
We make these all the time. They are delicious. :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I made these and they were a big hit! I made homemade bisquick and then used the recipe. My fiance loved them. I think I need to make them smaller next time, I think I made mine too large and the center wasn't quite done enough for my taste. Going to try them again this week with a pasta dish :)

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Mmmm....ladies this threads making me mightly hungry tonight. I think I will try to make these this weekend to use in the frozen breakfast samiches! *drools*

Do you think these would freeze well?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts