Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:grwave:
Are any of you New England girls Red Sox Fans?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:fdance: We love the Red Sox in this house, especially my 8 year old son! It's been alot of fun to be a Sox fan. What a season! And now the Pats!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Me me me! We love the Red Sox in my house! I actually converted my husband into a Sox fan before that he didn't care about baseball. He got mad at me every year for getting him involved when they lost in some heartbreaking fashion but he had to admit it was all worth it after this year. I knew they could do it!

So, anyway what I am getting at it is.....

GO SOX!
:D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I'm looking forward to baseball already!! I've been reading Stephen King's 'Faithful' - His diary of last years Red Sox season - reliving in all over again. I'm up to the end of August, where they start to turn it around!
My dh brought home a kitten last summer at the end of July. He told our son that he could name him. He named him Babe after Babe Ruth. We said maybe he'll bring the Sox good luck. A few days later Nomar was traded and you know the rest of the story :)
So we kinda think that we might have something to do with it :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh, I didn't know Stephen King wrote a book about last season. I bet that is interesting! It definitely sounds like your family and Babe the cat had something to do with the Sox finally winning it all! I also think the fact that we dressed my daughter in a Red Sox cheerleading outfit contributed some much needed good luck that the team needed. ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ha, ha...
It's funny how everyone's got their story.
My neighbor and her daughter were struggling find a winter hat (last October) that her granddaughter would keep on her head. She just turned a year old. They found a Red Sox hat and the baby kept it on, so they believe that was the sign right there :)
As for the Stephen King book - it is good. And if you like Stephen King, it's pretty cool to get to know him a little more personally since it is written in diary form...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts