Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have decided it's time to redo my living room and bedroom.

I want to go with a rustic or lodge look so any ideas or links to CHEAP things will be greatly appreciated..lol.

I can't paint because we are renting so it's going to have to be other things for now.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
you could use things like twigs and sticks, for curtain rods or around a lamp base....
I am thinking I know I have seen it done on some decorating show, but I watch so many maybe I will find a link I will look..

Eileen

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'd use forest or pine green colors for your bedroom and living room. You can make a duvet cover out of sheets for you bedspread and not have to spend a lot of money there. Just sew up the 3 sides of 2 flat sheets in the size you need and use velcro tabs to close up the bottom. I like the twig idea that Eileen posted! We've been looking for cabin themed things for my parent's lake home and have found some nice pillows with fish or bears on them. You can even make pillows in cabin themed fabric or applique. My mother has made flannel quilts for each of our boys in the cabin theme. I've also seen lamps that are not that expensive at either Target or Walmart with cabin themes lampshades. I may get some of these as a housewarming gift for my parents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts