Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to list quite a few knitting books on Ebay, and I thought I would check here to see if anyone was interested beforehand. I don't want to take the time to make a list of authors, titles, etc if there is no interest in them. Some of the books were expensive, some weren't. I am thinking the prices will be $5-$10 each. I also have magazines like Vogue, Creative Knitting, etc that I need to weed through.

I am also going to be listing quite a bit of yarn and bamboo knitting needles. Mostly name brand like Lions, Patons, Peaches & Cream or that other cotton that is used for dishcloths etc. There will also be some merino wool, mohair and possibly some cashmere.

·
Registered
329 Posts
MaryinFl, are any of your knitting books beginner? Teaching myself to knit is one of my personal goals for this year. Have the needles, now just need to figure out what I am doing with them. :p

Also if you have a listing of your non-wool yarns I might be interested.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MaryinFl, are any of your knitting books beginner? Teaching myself to knit is one of my personal goals for this year. Have the needles, now just need to figure out what I am doing with them. :p

Also if you have a listing of your non-wool yarns I might be interested.

Most of the books have all skill levels, but there are a few with very easy quick pattern. I have yarn made from everything imaginable. My knitting and fabric stash, I am embarrassed to say, take up two closets in the guest room. However, in my own defense, I use to make sweaters and purses for profit, so that justifies it a little doesn't it?

I am so busy that it is hard for me to concentrate on something that isn't repetitive, so needing to follow a chart or detailed pattern just doesn't do it.

I will get the names of some of the books and list them tonight and you can look them up and see if they are something you'd like

·
2,688 Posts
I am interested in worsted weight 4 ply yarn.
In darker colors...like blue, red, black, green, orange, camo.

Any knitting books for hats ? Purses maybe :)
I am looking for more ideas for craft shows this year.

·
Registered
329 Posts
MaryinFL thank you very much. Will look at any listings that you have

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Think it would be safe to say that with all the people on here that do knitting and crochet you might want to take the time to
list the authors and etc..............you never know.

Plus......best to sell what you can here before paying the listing prices on Ebay.......

good luck and I know I will keep watch.........please list prices with them..........I am not interested in doing the 'message game'............

thanks and good luck!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am interested in worsted weight 4 ply yarn.
In darker colors...like blue, red, black, green, orange, camo.

Any knitting books for hats ? Purses maybe :)
I am looking for more ideas for craft shows this year.
Can you give me a brand name that you like?

I know most of them and will be able to determine the weight that your looking for from that. I do believe that there is some Red Heart, but I have a few more 4ply that are a little heavier

I believe that I have a craft knitting book hmmm I will have to pull them out.

Need to make up the bed and fold a load of laundry, then I will dig around down in the office

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I just listed all the books, which took forever, and when I clicked post, it took so long that the screen timed out and now everything is gone. Frustrating

I will try again tomorrow, too late tonight, work tomorrow

·
Registered
62 Posts
Are you a member of Ravelry.com? You'll get much more interest in yarns and books if you sell your items there ... I visit Ravelry every day and am slightly addicted :)

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
DD would be intersted in the bamboo knitting needles,mohair,cashmere,and vogue. Please pm me? prices and what you have.
And please list it here first. We are interested.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Where do you have your list?

I like lace knitting and stitch dicitonaries (although I already have a few), but I'd be interested in seeing what you're selling!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I would be interested in buying your cotton yarns as this is all i work with and also the bamboo needles.. pm me what you want for them and maybe a quick photo i dont need nothing fancy cotton yarn is cotton yarn I am realy interested.
Thanks.

·
2,688 Posts
Can you give me a brand name that you like? I know most of them and will be able to determine the weight that your looking for from that. I do believe that there is some Red Heart, but I have a few more 4ply that are a little heavier
I believe that I have a craft knitting book hmmm I will have to pull them out.
I can use most any of them. RH, Caron, Lion, Bernat,etc.
I like the 4 ply the best. Acrylic.

I love wool ease yarn, regular and chunky.

I also like real wool, but usually cannot afford it.

·
2,688 Posts
Well I just listed all the books, which took forever, and when I clicked post, it took so long that the screen timed out and now everything is gone. Frustrating
Work in a email to yourself.
Type so much, then email the list to yourself.
Then add some more and keep going.
Then you can copy and paste the list here from your email.
I like the email method, because you should have 2 copies. One in your send and then in your inbox. I also sometimes send myself a copy of something to my back up second email online. If your computer crashes for whatever reason, you have a back up file somewhere. Or save it to a disk.

Or if you have a program on your computer, make your list there,
and save often as you work. Again, you then copy and
paste your info here. And still have a copy on your machine in
a folder.

As you sell things, bring up your master list, and erase the stuff you sell. Then save it again, either on your computer somewhere or in the email to yourself.

Another thing I do, before I hit submit / reply here, is to do a copy and paste of my post. Then I hit submit. I have lost a few long posts here in the past, and I really grumble when I do.

Ebay does not charge for the first 50 listings in a month to list them. They get you with a 9 % fee when you do sell something on BOTH the item and the shipping costs. Then paypal gets you with a 3 % fee on BOTH the item and shipping costs again. SIGH.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where do you have your list?

I like lace knitting and stitch dicitonaries (although I already have a few), but I'd be interested in seeing what you're selling!

I made the list on here last night, but the pages were taking so long to load that the website kept timing out and I would lose what I typed.

I had full intentions of making the list again tonight, but I worked late and just got in from a meeting. Its almost midnight and I have to get up at 6:30, but I will definitely get the list done tomorrow. I should get home from work early. Fingers crossed anyway, Im exhausted.

Sorry everyone

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ladytoysdream:

Thanks for the email tip. I will be sure to use it next time.

The website was working a little squirrely last night anyway, several people mentioned it. Since it was New Years, there may have just been too much web traffic all around cyberspace.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay, shall we try again.

These are the books, they are all in great condition, some of them barely used. The books will be $5 each +postage, which is a good price since some of them I paid $20-25 for.

Most of them have quick patterns, except for "Classic Knits" that would only be a good book for someone who likes to knit on small needles. Most of the patterns are size 1-4 needles and are timeless styles.

Great Knitted Gifts by Shackleton
24-Hr Knitting Projects by Rita Weiss
Knitting in No Time by Melody Griffiths
Classic Knitwear by Marion Foale
Knit Ponchos, Wraps & Scarves by Jane Davis
Quick Knits with Today’s Yarns by Jane Davis
Vogue Knitting Accessorize
Cast Off by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee This is NOT a pattern book

If you are interested in them, the best way to let me know is probably through email, [email protected] since I am not on the computer much

I will get some of the yarn out and see what I have to match the wants of those who posted interest here.

Thanks for your patience !!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts