Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seams as if another year has passed. Did I meet all my goals, NO. I didn't stick to that diet I planed, nor did I pay off all my debt. I didn't become more organized or a better house keeper. But in the end none of those are the things that really mattered to me, or else I would have done them. I did however manage to find a happier me. I got out my crafting tools again,dusted them off and actually put them to use. After I had my first Child 6 yrs ago I stopped creating. I don't know when it clicked for me, or why I got back into action but I'm so glad I did. My old bubbly personality is back. I laugh more , cry less. My husband is thrilled to see me again!

My new ventures haven't minted me a fortune. They in fact cost me more then I make but I couldn't care less. Maybe this year I will turn a profit. If not that's okay too. I have found much more then monetary gain. I have found myself again and in turn given a wonderful gift to myself. By being who I am and getting back out into world I have given myself a purpose and an identity of my own. Maybe if you haven't struggled with that you can't understand but trust me it's an amazing journey becoming yourself.

I have discovered that I was the only one holding myself back. I am capable of doing anything I set my mind too. And that failure isn't going to kill me.
I do have a goal for 2009. It's something I have always wanted to do. I am going to learn how to paint. I have always felt that if I could just paint or even draw a little I could really create. So why am I letting that hold me back? It doesn't have to , I am perfectly able to learn. So I will.

What are your goals?Do your goals really enhance you as a person or do you think that maybe you could dig a little deeper and find a real dream to obtain? Forget the usual diet and exercise resolution. Losing a few pounds will only make you feel about the way others see you. What about the way you see you? What you could you do that would really make you an improved person? If it is losing weight , wonderful. Do it for you. Do it because that's what has been holding you back, not because you want to wear you old jeans again.

Wishing you a Very Happy NEW YEAR! May 2009 bring you bigger and better things.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Good post! I have to say now that I am 32 yo I am just now starting to realize who I am. 2008 has been a good year, for myself. I will make 2009 even better. I have to say that my thirties, thus far, I have felt better about myself than I did in all my 20's. Back then I was still worried about what others think, but now I am slowly but surely really not caring about that. And that to me is a huge gift to myself.

Ann, wishing you a great NEW YEAR !!!
(it's almost 5pm here in Holland)

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good post! I have to say now that I am 32 yo I am just now starting to realize who I am. 2008 has been a good year, for myself. I will make 2009 even better. I have to say that my thirties, thus far, I have felt better about myself than I did in all my 20's. Back then I was still worried about what others think, but now I am slowly but surely really not caring about that. And that to me is a huge gift to myself.

Ann, wishing you a great NEW YEAR !!!
(it's almost 5pm here in Holland)
Wow, you said exactly what I was thinking. I just turned 30 this year. Will be 31 in few days and I wondered if that wasn't part of it. It was terrified to turn 30 but as it turns out , I love it!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Thats what your 30;s is all about. Just wait til your in your 40's. Other peoples opinions about you wont matter AT ALL.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Wow, you said exactly what I was thinking. I just turned 30 this year. Will be 31 in few days and I wondered if that wasn't part of it. It was terrified to turn 30 but as it turns out , I love it!
I was afraid of the big 3-0 as well, but have come to realize that this is a great stage in a women's life. To a 20- something year old, 30 sounds old, but it ain't. I feel way more comfortable with myself now than in all my insecure 20's.

The 30's are GREAT!!! Hope you have a great birthday!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
It seams as if another year has passed. Did I meet all my goals, NO. I didn't stick to that diet I planed, nor did I pay off all my debt. I didn't become more organized or a better house keeper. But in the end none of those are the things that really mattered to me, or else I would have done them. I did however manage to find a happier me. I got out my crafting tools again,dusted them off and actually put them to use. After I had my first Child 6 yrs ago I stopped creating. I don't know when it clicked for me, or why I got back into action but I'm so glad I did. My old bubbly personality is back. I laugh more , cry less. My husband is thrilled to see me again!

My new ventures haven't minted me a fortune. They in fact cost me more then I make but I couldn't care less. Maybe this year I will turn a profit. If not that's okay too. I have found much more then monetary gain. I have found myself again and in turn given a wonderful gift to myself. By being who I am and getting back out into world I have given myself a purpose and an identity of my own. Maybe if you haven't struggled with that you can't understand but trust me it's an amazing journey becoming yourself.

I am going to learn how to paint. I have always felt that if I could just paint or even draw a little I could really create. So why am I letting that hold me back? It doesn't have to , I am perfectly able to learn. So I will.
i think it's great that your creativity is back!. i know that for me anyway, when i was in the emotional pits, creativity just wasn't present. so this means you are out of the emotional pits, and good stuff is in store for you right around the corner.

·
Registered
109 Posts
2008 was a good year for me. My car was paid off, and that was about the time I discovered Frugal Village. Since the end of May I have paid off 2 bills, and I'm halfway done the last one. This while being a single, full-time working mom.

The only thing that sucked about this past year, is that I didn't have so much as one date. I don't mind being single most of the time, but once in a while I wouldn't mind going out with someone, getting to know them.

For 2009, I plan on finishing my debt by April, and start in on building my EF to astronomical proporations (at least in my view!), and try my best to finish my schooling so I can get a big raise at work.:rockon:

·
Registered
23,290 Posts

I have discovered that I was the only one holding myself back. I am capable of doing anything I set my mind too. And that failure isn't going to kill me.
I do have a goal for 2009. It's something I have always wanted to do. I am going to learn how to paint. I have always felt that if I could just paint or even draw a little I could really create. So why am I letting that hold me back? It doesn't have to , I am perfectly able to learn. So I will.

Wishing you a Very Happy NEW YEAR! May 2009 bring you bigger and better things.

What a wonderful, positive attitude. You go girl! With that kind of attitude you can achieve anything.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Thats what your 30;s is all about. Just wait til your in your 40's. Other peoples opinions about you wont matter AT ALL.
I have to agree. Being in my 40's has been so freeing. I do what I think is right, it is so different from some and yes I do get the "looks" but it doesn't matter anymore. I am so happy with who I am as a whole now that I can't wait to see what lies ahead.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I was going to say that. It's very freeing to be as freaky as you wanna be. My ds told me last night I'm the biggest kid he knows. Yep, and it's great!
Happy New Year

1 - 10 of 10 Posts