Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an easy recipe for refrigerator dough. I love the idea of making one big pile of dough with many uses.

Does anyone have a recipe without any wild exotic ingredients? :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Funny you should ask this, as my mother just made a batch. She is using a recipe from my grandma's neighbor back in the 1940-50's. There is no kneading, and it goes in the refrigerator.

I will ask her for it later today (big game day for us Packer fans, lol) and repost it late tonight or tomorrow. Do you need it earlier?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
i'm looking forward to this recipe too, thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Booklover,

Thanks so much I am looking forward to this recipe too.

·
4,028 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
This sounds interesting. What kinds of things can you make w/refridgerator dough.
?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Ceashels, thank you for the website. I'll be trying this soon. I want to try to find my recipe for beer bread too, it was easy too.

·
Registered
326 Posts
No Knead Refrigerator Rolls

Ok, this is copied straight from the original recipe. Sounds simple. I haven't tried it because I use my breadmaker, but my mom likes it. She makes cinnamon rolls, hamburger buns, bread loaves, etc. from this. She said you don't have to bake it all at once if you don't have time-can put back into the refigerator, and it should be fine for later. I hope this works for you.

1 cake yeast
1 1/4 cup warm water
1 1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tblsp. sugar
1 beaten egg
1/4 c. shortening
3 1/2 cup flour
Chill several hours or overnight. Put into rolls and bake 25 min.

Shoot, I forgot to write down the temp. Does 350 sound about right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.