Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ARGH!!!! I had gotten to the WalMart at 8:45 tonight, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted and ignored all the clearances and finally arrived at the fabrics. I had selected by 7 bolts and rang the bell... *ring a ding ding* 9:15 .... hmmm, okay, I will look around to see if I can find anyone... nope... Oh are those the sock needles YankeeMom uses??? I wanted to learn how to make socks... Back to the cutting counter... 9:20 *ring a ding DING* -=crickets chirp=- Oh... is that someone who works here??? Excuse me, can you call someone for me? 9:23 overhead announcement... -=cricket symphony=- 9:45 and half the free pattern box later... overhead announcement... store is closing, go away... Eh, at least I can go home and try that tutorial on the socks... may as well grab that black yarn for the Harry Potter doll too... oh, and the dishcloth toppers... 9:50... done and unloading the carriage. 10:00 wheeling my carriage out... -=doors lock=- Wait... 1...2... oh no! She left my last bag on the baggie merry-go-round!!! *knock knock* -=look of pfft and then apathy when I asked the woman locking the door to please PLEASE get my bag for me ... and she walks away... in the wrong direction!!! So, after ALL that ... I didn't get my bag, I paid for things I didn't get to take home with me... when I told DF ... he said chances are they will just put it back on the shelf in the morning so he hopes it wasn't anything too expensive because we won't get it back...

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Call them first thing in the AM. If they don't give it back to you I would call, write, and complain to home office. I think I would do it anyway just because of the lasy walking away and not giving you your bag. That was pretty rude in MHO

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Do you have the receipt? I once left a bag of stuff and walked back in first thing the next morning and explained the situation and the customer service woman let me grab the things on my receipt I had left behind.

But of course the customer service you experienced is inexcusable. I would definitely call.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Go to the walmart website now, find the contact info so you can email someone. This email will end up in the managers hands. If this manager is anything like the manager at our local walmart that I had a similar experience with he gave me a $50 giftcard for my troubles when I went back to get my stuff.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
If you do email them point out all the hassles, not being able to get service in the craft area and that when locking the doors they wouldn't retrieve your bag that was left behind.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am so sorry, I would be extremely angry! I am angry for you. The last time I went into Walmart, it was 20 minutes to closing and an employee by the door when we walked in said (under his breath but loudly enough for my fiance and I to hear), "get out of here, we are closing soon." It was a month or so ago we stopped in there for my resume paper, because we couldn't find it anywhere else (we had been to several stores before Walmart, because we don't like going there) but we didn't want to pay the price at Staples.
I wonder why they have such poor customer service when I always hear how great their customer service is! I hope you get your bag back and an apology, you deserve one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm afraid of wal-mart. When i have to make trips to the fabric department i bring a buddy so i dont have to be in there alone. The staff are always rude to me as well. I think its becuse i have a scared look on my face the whole time i am in there. lol

I hope you get your stuff back, and that someone gets yelled at.

Next time you wait forever for your fabric to be cut, make a song with the little bell. It might be childish, but being really anowing sometimes is what you have to do.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Gosh, that was terrible customer service from the time you went in until after you left. I would be so angry at the person who turned their back on me and walked away. I definitely would complain. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I know the feeling. Around here our Walmarts are open 24 hours. The only time to go is at 1 A.M. Unless of course you need the pharmacy. The employees in the ones around here are so rude that I won't even deal with them. I go to the main superviser. I'm to the point that if Ican't get it online I don't really need it.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Go to the walmart website now, find the contact info so you can email someone. This email will end up in the managers hands. If this manager is anything like the manager at our local walmart that I had a similar experience with he gave me a $50 giftcard for my troubles when I went back to get my stuff.
I may have to try this myself. Although I'm not sure the managers here would do that. i have voiced several complaints about getting service in the fabric department. (They have lost lots of fabric business from what I can tell. Not just from myself but from multiple other people i've watch leave thier bolts on the counter and walk away. I always wonder why the people you stop to help you can't stay with you or physical get someone to help you. The over the head pages never seem to work. I haven't ever experienced real rudeness at Wal-Mart....just no help!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Even though I do not like Walmart--mostly because it is so easy to overspend in that store--I have to say that the Walmarts around here are great compared to what you guys are saying. As a matter of fact on Saturday before last I went to Wally world and bought some meds and dog food. On Tuesday I set down with my receipts and was recording what I spent when I realized that they had charged me twice for the dog food. I call and they told me to just come to the CS counter and they would refund it. I went in the next day and got my money no problem. Also there are only a couple of people in the hole store that are a little rude, I just find someone else.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I only shop walmart when I absolutly have to. Usually in the fabric/craft dept
I have always had trouble getting help in the fabric department. It seems that even the people assigned to work dont want to help you. The last time I was there, I had to ask 3 differnt clerks to page someone so I could get the fabric I wanted cut. I ended up having to walk down to the customer service booth at the front of the store. Fabric is all the way down back. When someone did come they complained "you want fabric from 8 differnt bolts." When I had a question about a notion, the lady didnt know where it was and didnt offer to help me find it. She just sort of motioned over to a aisle and said it's over in that direction. I have never recieved good customer service in Walmart.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
ARGH!!!! I had gotten to the WalMart at 8:45 tonight, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted and ignored all the clearances and finally arrived at the fabrics. I had selected by 7 bolts and rang the bell... *ring a ding ding* 9:15 .... hmmm, okay, I will look around to see if I can find anyone... nope... Oh are those the sock needles YankeeMom uses??? I wanted to learn how to make socks... Back to the cutting counter... 9:20 *ring a ding DING* -=crickets chirp=- Oh... is that someone who works here??? Excuse me, can you call someone for me? 9:23 overhead announcement... -=cricket symphony=- 9:45 and half the free pattern box later... overhead announcement... store is closing, go away... Eh, at least I can go home and try that tutorial on the socks... may as well grab that black yarn for the Harry Potter doll too... oh, and the dishcloth toppers... 9:50... done and unloading the carriage. 10:00 wheeling my carriage out... -=doors lock=- Wait... 1...2... oh no! She left my last bag on the baggie merry-go-round!!! *knock knock* -=look of pfft and then apathy when I asked the woman locking the door to please PLEASE get my bag for me ... and she walks away... in the wrong direction!!! So, after ALL that ... I didn't get my bag, I paid for things I didn't get to take home with me... when I told DF ... he said chances are they will just put it back on the shelf in the morning so he hopes it wasn't anything too expensive because we won't get it back...
Ugh! I'm mad for you!!! I do shop at Walmart but I hate it.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I would call and complain about the lack of service and ask for your bag. If you do not get your merchandise, fill out a customer dispute with your bank and you can get provisional credit for the purchase.

·
Registered
419 Posts
It is so funny, I cant think of a time when people didnt complain about walmart. It appears that nobody likes to shop there. That the only reason to shop there is because of the prices, or because they have to and there isnt anyplace else. That is the reason why Walmart can get away with bad customer service, stores that are not the cleanest, and the like. They have somewhat of a captive audience.
That is why I always complain when I get bad service. I know that if a customer e-mails the home office it does get sent to the store level. I have seen complaint/complement e-mails sent to the home office concerning the store that I work at. I alway follow up the e-mail to the home office with a letter, and forward a copy to the store.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Why do people shop there though if they have bad service? If people stopped supporting them then there would be nothing to complain about I think. The reason they have bad service is reflected in prices. If you want some more helpful place maybe go to target or a specialty store. I'm sure walmart gets tons of complaints but they're not exactly going to do anything about it if people who complain keep going there. You can pay more and get better service at other stores. You get what you pay for I believe. I don't expect great service if I go to a cheaper place. I know I will however get great service if I pay more so I never see anything to complain about with walmart honestly. I expect to get poor service there lol Quality is directed correlated with prices. Usually at walmart they always have other people trained like csms or sporting goods or whatever surrounding departments if the person from that dept went home though. I would have asked for an assistant manager directly in store as I'm sure they would have tracked someone down more effieciently than upfront.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
They will give you the things that were left behind, I know its happend to my twice. I think you can complain all you want but in the end it wont change a thing.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts