Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all! I just bought new slippers and am embarrassed to say that they already have an unpleasant smell. Does anyone have suggestions to remove the smell (without putting them in the washing machine, that always makes them all lumpy afterwards). Thanks for your suggestions :)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I second the Lysol...it also kills the nail fungus. (as per my pediatrist) You should spray all your shoes with it regularly, as well as your shower/tub.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Vinegar/water spray to deodorize? Maybe mix in a bit of baking soda?

I like the Lysol for killing germs idea.

Bounce dryer sheets in them when you're not wearing them?

You didn't specify what kind of odour - stinky feet odour OR new slipper smell odour? If its stinky feet odour, try wearing socks to absorb the foot sweat which gets trapped in the slipper fabric thus causing the smell/carrying the smell.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
You can spray them w/ fabric refreshner also.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I use a foot powder - like Dr. Scholl's or the generic brand - in all my sandals and shoes as a preventative. It really helps.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
I think new shoes and purses sometimes just stink I will put 2-3 dryer sheets in them and leave them on the patio table outside for awhile.. This only works if your neighbors don't steal..

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I use baking soda. But there are times I will spray with Lysol and leave the shoes outside on the balcony for a couple hours. Seems to work well.

·
Registered
217 Posts
put baking soda in a pair of socks- tie them off-stuff in shoe, close shoes up in a trash bag and leave for a day or so....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts