Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you give your kids report cards? I'm sure for older grades you have to because of transcripts. But how about elementary school? How do you know you're grading your child accurately?

Stephanie

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm bumping this up cause I know you guys are seeing it!!! :)

Some of you "veterans" can surely answer this question!

Stephanie

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I do not do report cards. I see a report card as the way an educator communicates to the parents how the child is progressing and a determing factor in promoting a child to the next grade level. I know how my kids are progressing since I am their primary teacher. I am the one who decides whether they have mastered a subject and can move on to a higher level or need to spend more time on that certain subject.

I asked the person in charge of our cover school about this. She said she did not know many who actually did report cards.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
We have report cards right up to grade 12. from grade 10 -12 it loks alittle differnt but the same idea if they got the credit and what the percentage is or in my youngest what letter.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason I asked this question is my DH seemed to think the kids need to know how well they are (or aren't) doing at regular intervals. I explained to him they find out every single day if they are understanding the subject at hand. He understood my rationale. Then I go to my HS group and it seems they are all doing report cards. Can someone explain to me why you choose to give them?

Thanks,
Stephanie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts