Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Your plants are going to love having more room to groove. You finally got some snow. :thumb:

Have you made all your plans for this years garden yet? I usually wait until February since it's my least favorite month weather wise and planning the garden then brings a smile to my face.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your plants are going to love having more room to groove. You finally got some snow. :thumb:

Have you made all your plans for this years garden yet? I usually wait until February since it's my least favorite month weather wise and planning the garden then brings a smile to my face.
I have most of my seeds ordered about a month past. I sort of plan the layout as I go along. Generally try not to plant anything in the same area as last year.

So far I have had success with almost everything that I plant, except not all together in one single year. That will be my ambition this year.

I have enough experience that I have a good idea what to avoid in the tomatoes, corn, and potatoes, or to be more positive what to choose. Also I sort of know when to start the seeds in the greenhouse, so the plants aren't too large before the time to plant.

I have sufficient wood chip mulch in a pile, covered with a tarp. The compost is on the beds, ready to be rototilled in, when the weather is suitable about the first week of April.

About the only issue is the grapes that need pruning. I usually leave this until the heavy cold of winter disappears.

The blood starts to stir, when the Sun is shining for sure.

·
19,119 Posts
Am looking for motivation here - this is the year I am going to grow something and enjoy eating it too!! Love Pak Choy - easy to grow?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Am looking for motivation here - this is the year I am going to grow something and enjoy eating it too!! Love Pak Choy - easy to grow?
Bok choy is probably my favorite. It grows well. I have Pak choy, since the seeds were conveniently available.

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo. I am going to stick with growing one thing this year - think I'll do one of these.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.