Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could really do with some prayers if you have any time.

I won't go into details because I'm not sure I know how OR if I get on a roll I might be here all night.

I don't have a 'personal' relationship with God, I don't 'feel' him and I'm finding it pretty hard to search him out.

Lots of things are a mess right now, stuff that might seem silly e.g. my home - a mess, I don't feel I have enough quality time with my children, I don't feel like I'm achieving (sp?) in ANY areas and it feels too big to dig out of.

It's not really depression, in a clinical sense of the word, I just feel kind of lost and empty.

I'm not even sure I make sense - it's very hard to put into words?

I would appreciate some words with the man upstairs on my behalf though - I need some extra help. I just feel spiritually dead. Does that sound right?

Anyhow that's the best I can put it right now and I'd really appreciate some support.

Thank you.
Much Love
Bev. xxx

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Sending prayers to lighten your load, love!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I love your posts Bev, even without the details..lol. And I will add you to my list. I'm not a church goer but I still try to talk to God everyday, sometimes it seems he's not listening but maybe it's just not the way we want him too.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Bev, :hugz: I don't always feel Him, like you say. I try to have faith in God, but I know how you can feel--the void inside.

I will pray for you tonight, so you can fill the void you feel.
And, Bev, I have no doubt that you are a great woman with so much love to give to your children. Don't be hard on yourself.
I don't have much great wisdom to give you, but I'm thinking about you.:heartsm:

Lucie (((hugs)))

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Bev, I will be praying for you. God is there, he is just waiting for you to invite him in. He is always there walking with you, watching over you and loving you. You are his child and you know the love you feel for your children, he feels that same love for you.

I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

:hugz: and :angel2:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
{{{hugs}}} Bev. I will certainly lift you up in prayer. Jesus loves you so much!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I'm keeping you in my prayers!! He's always there with you!!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Bev, I'll be praying as well. Remember though that we don't always feel Him there, but He is. One of the best ways to find Him and understand him more is to read the Gospels in the Bible, (Matt., Mark, Luke & John). They will give you a whole new understanding.

I'm always reminded when we don't feel Him, thats when He is carrying us.

As well, prayers are just talking to Him!! He is hearing you and hears your hearts cry.

If you want to pm me, you can anytime.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Sending you hugs and praying for you Bev. He is always there and can always hear you. One of my favourite sayings is "There is no pit so deep that Jesus is not deeper still". I truly believe that!!

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Here is one of my favorite passages from the Bible.

"For I know the plans I have for you", says the Lord,"plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me; when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

There have been many times when I have not felt *alive* inside. But, there have been so many times in my life when I KNOW that God is with me. I have to trust that He is with me, even when I don't feel it inside. Sometimes I don't feel that my prayers are being answered, but I remind myself that my concept of time and His concept of time might not be the same. Prayers are answered according to His time.

I'll pray for you that you find what you are seeking.:)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
Pip, I love Jere. 29:11, that's one of my favorite verses. It always gives me hope.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:hugz: Bev,
I'm praying for you hon! Christ is right there, waiting for you to just ask him into your heart and life.
I know all too well that void and emptiness inside that you are talking about. I tried to fill it up with booze, relationships and stuff before I gave my life totally over to Christ.:(
I've been walking with the Lord for many years now and there are still "dry" times in my life where I don't "feel" Him, but I know that He is there for me. Spending time in God's word (Bible), praying and calling out to Him and listening to wonderful praise and worship music helps to strengthen me each and every day. I'm a changed woman now.:) Even my non believing relatives are amazed at the changes in my life and how content I am. I love the Lord with all my heart and am so thankful for ALL that He has done for me. Bev, He's just waiting for you to ask Him in. He's right there and has always been. He loves you unconditionally, right as and where you are. :hugz:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Prayer request

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but..I just wanted to ask everyone to please say a special prayer for my little friend..Stephen Rhodes...hes only 6 years old and has cancer...
He has a wonderful family and lots of friends pulling for him...but nothing can be stronger than prayers..

He was able to attend his Kindergarten Graduation Friday....and looked like a little angel with his do rag..
Thanks everyone ....and Bev sometimes its hard for me to understand why things happen the way they do but always know that God has a reason for everything..and he never gives us more than we can handle..

God bless ..:angel:
Georgia

Here is a web site all about Stephen if anyone would like to visit it.
http://www.caringbridge.org/tx/stephen

·
Registered
19 Posts
Prayer request

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but..I just wanted to ask everyone to please say a special prayer for my little friend..Stephen Rhodes...hes only 6 years old and has cancer...
He has a wonderful family and lots of friends pulling for him...but nothing can be stronger than prayers..

He was able to attend his Kindergarten Graduation Friday....and looked like a little angel with his do rag..
Thanks everyone ....and Bev sometimes its hard for me to understand why things happen the way they do but always know that God has a reason for everything..and he never gives us more than we can handle..

God bless ..:angel:
Georgia

Here is a web site all about Stephen if anyone would like to visit it.
http://www.caringbridge.org/tx/stephen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts