Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will use this software:
(It's free it has built in ftp and web editing tools)
TSW WebCoder 4.0
Download it here
http://download.com.com/3000-2048-10218587.html?tag=lst-3-1

Once everyone has downloaded it. Please install it and choose the default windows look. (don't use office xp or windows xp look)

It will be easier to guide you thru publishing your first website if we have all the same look and feel.

Once you have downloaded and installed the software post below.

I will send you a private message with your username and your password to connect to your ftp account on frugalvillage.com

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Okay first question teacher, by saying using windows default, where do we set that? Do you mean for the computer in general or just this program? I am running XP and know how to set that to regular windows look but didn't see anywhere in the program to change the look.

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(this is in the program not in windows itself)
Click on functions and go to options....
Change the general option to this... (once the program is installed)

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
OK Gabe. I've downloaded the program and installed it. Ready for my username and password now.:D

BTW, Thank you. I only hope I can keep up with you all.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
LOL - Oh this is going to be a LONGGGGGG process LOL.

I first saw the post that says launch webcoder (without seeing this) I thought WHAT? I don't even know what that is LOL.

Anyway downloaded programme and run set up - it asked me LOADS of questions about where I was going to set things up from - DUH :confused: - So me being me I just kept clicking next until they all went away LOL.

My functions button doesn't have an options button??? But the last question was how did I want it to look so I answered that one - standard windows.

Have I done something wrong already :confused:

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your allset bev!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
done!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOK I must be really dumb here cuz it wont connect to that server. (keeps time in out)
In IE it takes me to download.com home page, so which link do I click from there?
I want to be sure i do exactly what you guys are doing.
:bang:

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mel,

Chose the Download Now button if your on broadband...
Use the other download button if your on dialup.

-gabe

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lot's of websites dont like Opera... :-( It's sad that everyone has lowered their standards because of IE.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Man!!! I really want to do this. Will it be too late the first week of September? That is when finals are over, then I dont go back to school until like the 25th or so??????

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Robin,

No rush...
:)

I'm going to finish the turorial for web design around thursday or friday this week.
I'm taking a break tonight.. ;-)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Done!

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good work!
I will post more tutorials on Wednesday orThursday.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts