Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After consulting Sarah, I've decided to take on restarting the Quilting Club. I'm gonna have to start slow, but I hope to get a few activities going here this summer. This club will be for ALL SKILL LEVELS. Everyone has something to offer and for those that don't know how to quilt, I'm sure there will be plenty of people here to help you learn! :)

If you'd like to join in the club, post here. For each new project, I'll start a new thread so no one misses them.

The first projects I hope to get started: a Fat Quarter Train and a Round Robin.

Post here if you are intersted in joining and look out for our first project in the next few weeks!

I'm so excited!:spool::sewing:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
If you join and don't already have a quilting award, please request it, so I can add it to your award case.
http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/awards.php
Be patient. I'm on a deadline with my column and have lots to do on the site, but I will add them asap. :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Ok -- I'm in . . I haven't quilted in a while, and not sure how much I'll be able to do this summer with my surgeries, but I'll try.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I also have been wanting to do this.I have a lot of equipment but a novice. I do not have an award.

Reactions: Jamauk

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm in! I love quilting!!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Count me in too! :spool: :)

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I am waiting to see what great projects you come up with!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I'm in as well! I'm working on some quilts for Christmas gifts now.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I'd love to join....I'm not sure about mailing stuff....its so expensive up here.

I've never actually finished anything but would love to learn more.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I want to join. :)
Don't think i can participate in any swaps right now... and i'm a total newbie to quilting, but i'm very eager to learn!
Thanks again for the links to the rag quilts... trying to scrounge up some change my kids haven't claimed yet so i can start buying some fabric to start on my first quilt.
Guess that means digging the old (and i mean OLD- like 20 years old) sewing machine out of storage.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I want to join. :)
Don't think i can participate in any swaps right now... and i'm a total newbie to quilting, but i'm very eager to learn!
Thanks again for the links to the rag quilts... trying to scrounge up some change my kids haven't claimed yet so i can start buying some fabric to start on my first quilt.
Guess that means digging the old (and i mean OLD- like 20 years old) sewing machine out of storage.

If you are just beginning to learn to quilt, may I make a suggestion? don't go buy new material. I go to yard sales, thrift shops, etc. and buy 100% cotton shirts - then cut them up for quilts. I posted a Wanted on our freecycle and got tons of shirts and old jeans that had broken zippers, etc. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am always up for hearing suggestions. The rag quilt i want to make is for my newest DS, so that material i will buy, but we've got a bunch of old t-shirts i can practice on first (all boys in the house- so lots of shirts get torn LOL!).

Reactions: ri*smom

·
Registered
345 Posts
Oh . . . I would love to join this! My mom quilts a lot and I am a novice but I would love to make some beautiful quilts for my kids. And the fat quarter train sounds fun!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I am always up for hearing suggestions. The rag quilt i want to make is for my newest DS, so that material i will buy, but we've got a bunch of old t-shirts i can practice on first (all boys in the house- so lots of shirts get torn LOL!).

I think I am going to try a rag quilt too. And I would love to make the kids some quilts out of their old clothing, KWIM? I've saved some, like ds's "I'm the big brother" embroidered shirt. I figured that would make a cute square. :)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts