Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~DH and I talked this weekend about how, eventually, we should bump up his 401K from 7% to 11.5%(company contributes 3.5%). I was planning to do this after the car was paid but he was so excited and wanted to do it now. It only takes a week to change back if we find it's not working. The form to increase allocations would only accept whole percents so that's why it's 15.5. If we don't change it, we should have $1500 more in contributions this year than I originally thought!~

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow that's awesome, I hope it works out well for you :)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
That is great!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Cool!

That is awesome!

This is one way that I stay motivated. I take one step closer to the edge and see how it feels. How much more can I put extra on my mortgage principal and still feel comfortable about how much is in my checking account?

Way to go! Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
WTG ! I streched us a little thin over the last few months and had to back off a bit...so we can save a little for EF and a summer trip. Your doing great keep it up.

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
~Thanks for the support! I agree about being closer to the edge being good for motivation. We've reduced our take-home income by $165 a month so I HAVE to stay frugal! But it's totally worth it.~

G

·
WTG! DH had his 401K at 20% last year, but with me being unemployed he cut it back to 5%. With me going back to work, we're hoping to raise it back up, not sure if we can get it back up to 20% though.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Way to go!!!! We shoould be bumping ours a bit in the next couple of months too!!!! It's easier to not spend if it's not there!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts