Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with this area not having a post in so long? Are there really no other single people who are trying to be smart with their money?

I went a date recently and had a great time up until she decided to start talking to me about money. She was just finishing up her last year of Vet school and was telling me how they have this one-on-one financial meeting just prior to graduation to help figure out where they stand. With Vet school she had about $125k of student loans, not too bad I thought. Then she went on to say she has over $230k of student loans from her private school undergraduate degree. The adviser told her she's probably going to have to work a second job just to be able to afford to pay her student loans! I didn't really know what to say and I think things got slightly awkward after that. I value education, but that's getting out of control.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Yes, there are several single people here on the board. However it seems that many frugal goals/tips are not particular marital status therefore I glean them from the other sections of the board.

Concerning your date, hmmmmmm does that mean she has a total of $355K??? If so that is quite a bit..not insurmountable but still quite a bit. You have to think about how much debt you are willing to take on. If the total actually is $355K then I would also be a little leary.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Maybe she just wanted to 'vent'...or whine....and for you to listen.

If you go out again and it comes up again..suggest she tune in to this website :vibes: ....then I would run!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts