Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if this is at all WalMart Stores or just our local one but I was going to buy my usual 3lb. bag of rice for 3.68 when I noticed on the shelf they had 1lb boxes of Riceland Long Grain Enriched rice for .35 a box.

I'm sure you can all do the math but I was able to get 10lbs. of rice for less than my normal 3 lb. bag!

Gotta love little surprises like that!:applause:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Good job! Sometimes it pays to question the store. My local grocery store has 2 size boxes of instant rice and it's cheaper to buy the smaller boxes. Not quite as good as your savings, though!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've just started noticing that on other items too...you really have to do some calculating, because the bigger one is NOT always the cheapest one!! Even tho my brain always tells me it is!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's a great deal - I try to remember to carry a calculator with me when I grocery shop so I can pick the better deals. I'm kinda math impaired!

·
Registered
938 Posts
That's a great deal - I try to remember to carry a calculator with me when I grocery shop so I can pick the better deals. I'm kinda math impaired!
A calculator is necessary at my stores. Usually you can check the unit cost, but if it has a "sale" tag, they don't figure the unit cost for you. I noticed on my last trip to the store almost everything had a "sale" tag on it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have a cell phone, some of them have calculators in them. Mine does.
That's what I do most of the time too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts