Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
our family pet bunny Mr Flopsy died this AM ( or late last night ) he was an indoor bunny - had a nice sized open top "pen" in our enclosed and heated front porch - seemed fine yesterday but this AM he didnt come out of his little bedding box when i walked onto the porch and i had a bad feeling - sure enough he looked alseep but wasnt ( but looks like he died peacefully which makes me feel better )
we are not sure how old he really was - but i think about 5 ? .

he was technically my 14 yos originally but was really everyones.

I grew up with alot of pets and i guess being in the medical profession -and how i was brought up with alot of animals i expect death to happen- so while i am sad i am not heartbroken - he had a nice life- a house - food shelter and was loved etc.

My 14yo is in tears - she wants a new one - dh is against it because he and middle ds cleaned the cage 99% of the time ( i paid the oldest ds extra allowance- i use to do it until i went back to work )

i grew up with 6 cats and a dog and feel having a pet is important -
my dh is allergic to cats and dogs ( aand yes even the hypoallergenic dogs- we have tried before ) so the closest we could do is a bunny and only because it cant roam freely all the time or his allergies would act up from that too.

i feel so bad for dd- :( and i know i have left pet stopres that have adoption areas with cats and kittens near tears from wanting to adopt them but being unable to - so i think dh should make the concession of another bunny . AS LONG as dd helps with the cage cleaning !

we will see i guess. :(

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Sorry to hear about your pet bunny. We had some bunnies that we lost to death also they are such sweet pets. I'm sure he will be dearly remembered by everyone in your family!

Reactions: Momto5RN

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
We have had bunnies too. They are fun pets. And ours were cuddly too. I am sorry for your family's loss. :(

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs and blessings your way.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Sorry about the bun. They aren't built for endurance, unfortunately. They are basically nature's "fast food," and aren't physically constructed to survive very long, because in the wild, most of them don't. As you say, you gave him a nice home, food, comfort, shelter from predators, so as bunnies go, he was a pretty lucky one. I'll put some good thoughts out for Mr Flopsy as he reunites with the universe....

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I'm so sorry. I'll be holding your DD in prayer. It's so hard to lose the ones we love.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved bunny. Pets become such an important part of our lives and families. I will say a prayer for your dd and hope that you can get another one for her soon....

·
Registered
968 Posts
So sorry for you family's loss of Mr.Flopsy. Sounds like he had a wonderful life, now he will move on to the big carrot patch on the other side!

I would give your daughter time to get past the loss of Mr.Flopsy and then see if she is still asking for another. Seeming that she didn't like to take care of all the responsibilities of a pet, I would make sure that she understands that the next one would be HER responsibility and that is the way pet ownership works.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Awww, I am so sorry. :hugz:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts