Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robin...come celebrate w/ me....10 days in the Non-smoking section of the bus WITHOUT zyban or any other smoking cesation aid!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO

Well...there is one helper...Him...anytime I get the urge I say a prayer...

Lord,

Walk beside me
Take my hand and guide me
Away from the temptation I seek.

Amen

I figured I coudn't do it alone, so I talked it over with Him. I didn't promise not to smoke or that I wouldn't be weak. I did promise that when I felt the urge come over me that I would call him and ask him to walk me thru it! God's been walking with me alot the past few days but so far he hasn't let me down once!

I'm all smile's right this second! Life is good and so is He! And I haven't let him down either!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
Graci, just do it one craving at a time until you become stronger. The one thing that really keeps me going STILL, is that I tell myself if I go back to old ways, then quitting will be harder than this moment. The first day or two are really the hardest, it gets easier after that.

Here's even more proof that you can do it:

"I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me"

Philippians 4:13

I will always be here to celebrate with you!!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I am so proud of you Graci, keep him at your side ! You will defeat this !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I FEEEEEEL GOOD...da da da da da da da...I KNEW THAT I WOOOOD...I FEEEEL GOOD...da da da da da da da...I KNEW THAT I WOOOOD....SO GOOD...SO GOOD...I GO YOU......

Thanks, Gals!

PS...When the urge get's really bad and I've prayed harder than before, I remind myself how badly only ONE cigerette affected my breathing and how much I coughed the next morning..etc. Then...I pray again!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
You will feel even better the longer you go without smoking Graci, I'm doing the happy dance with you. Quitting smoking is the single most thing I have ever done that makes me feel like I have some power!:dancing:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After smoking for 22 yrs, I have to say it is one of the most difficult and rewarding things I will ever do!

HUGS

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Yay Graci!!!!!!!!Ok do you mind if I jump on the band wagon.I've allready cut it down to about 5 per day(cigarettes,not packs lol)so here I go.wish me luck.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amanda!! Jump right in! Down to 5!! Excellent place to say good bye to those nasty things!! When ever you start have'n those "little" anxiety attacks...Just take a few DEEP breaths...they will pass, trust me!

The most important thing...if you fall off...get back on!

Don't cause your own failure by allowing perfectionism to hamper you. So what if you fall...How many times did you fall before you learned to walk? Did it matter so long as you learned to walk eventually?

Get the point? LOL

I don't know if it was posted here or if I read it somewhere else, but this was something that made soooo much sense ...

SUCCESS: Falling down 7 times...Getting back up 8.

PM me if you need a little help or encouragement!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Thank you so much for the encouragement.I only had one today!I feel like I did good.As long as I keep myself real busy I don't have the time to smoke.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Amanda, think of how much money you will save for your trip, plus adding years to your life!!! You can do it girlfriend, Me and Graci will be your cheerleaders:band: :hurray:

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
YIPPEE!!! congrats girls!! i am sooo proud of you both!!:smball: :smball: :smball: :smball:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts