Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Thanks for the links CJ, the first one didn't work right for me though.
There are just so many different kinds of roses. Do you have a favorite type/color rose?

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darlene, try it again. It works for me.

As to your questions about my favorite - they all are. There has never been a rose I don't like. My great uncle and my dad all grew roses and from the time I was little I can remember roses, either at our home or at my great grannies, where my great uncle lived.

I like all colors, but the deep reds are absolutely stunning!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love roses,too.thanks for the links.My all time fave is our "Love & Peace"....it is bight yellow on the inside with a little red along the edges.It also grows as a long stem and I love it!!

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
I lost three that I planted last season-it was a long drought filled hot summer. My others are budding like crazy-2 weekas from now my climbers will be in full bloom, a week later, the shrubs. I planted 3 more in April and they seem to be taking nicely.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I didn't plant any last year (our first year in this house) because the japanese beetles were BAD. I took a chance that this winter was cold enough to help kill em off and bought 6 miniature roses. If I don't kill those I will go for the "real thing" next year! My mom had some red roses that I just loved as a kid. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts