Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the day with our DS1 at the hospital. nothing major, but we were there over 4 hrs. I am wiped out. Physically and emotionally. He has a skin infection that is causing him discomfort (boy related issue). It is only getting worse, even after all the regular ped's suggestions for at home treatment. So i took him in. The nurses made me feel like a horrible person. It wasn't a happy experience at all. He's going to be just fine and is on a course of antibiotics and a creme. But i feel terrible for him, the questions they posed to him, and for me too. :box: it was a terrible day.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After I got home and got his first dose of antibiotic into him, got him settled into a project, i called my mom. I needed to "cry on someone's shoulder". But she's so doped up on pain meds. (for those that don't know, my mom is on pallative care, follicular lymphoma and diffuse group b cell lymphoma...but she's still my mommy and i needed to cry lol, guess i'm still a momma's girl) She couldn't even understand what i was trying to tell her. Fell asleep on the phone. :weeping:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Oh, Missy, I'm so sorry for the horrible day you had. It wasn't right that the nurses made you feel that way. You did exactly what the pediatrician told you to do and you are a caring mom who made the right decidion to take your DS to the hospital. They should've recognized that. I'm sorry they didn't. At least he's on the road to recovery now and on antibiotics. Here's a big hug for you. :grouphug: You did fine and are a good mom.

--Michelle

·
Registered
848 Posts
Big Hugs! I'm sorry to hear this. Sometimes drs and nurses don't seem to remember that we have feelings too.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am so sorry you had such a difficult day Missy. You did the right thing and I am sorry the doctors and nurses made you feel bad. I am sending a :hug2: and I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Like everyone else, I am so sorry to hear you had such a bad day. Try to get some rest tonight and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Sending a BIG :hug2: your way!

·
27,948 Posts
Thinking of you & yours Miss, comforting wishes sent to you all.:hugz:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Sorry that you and your son were treated so badly. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
So sorry to hear that you had such a bad day. Glad that your son is doing better with treatment.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
It's over, try to relax and let it go. Some people can be so rude, aren't they supposed to make us feel better?? Hope he has a speedy recovery and it clears up fast.
:cheerup:

·
Registered
579 Posts
I also am glad to hear he is on the mend, which is the most important thing, and at least you are home and among friends!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your day and I hope your son feels better quickly. When my son was an infant (6 months old), I feel while carrying him. I caught a hold of him but at the last second his head went down and he had a small scrape on his forehead. We, of course, freaked out and rushed him to emergency for a CAT scan. While there, the nurses started pumping me for information such as did I purposely do this. Luckily (?) I had scrapes all over me to prove that I feel too, but then they went into "well, did your husband push the both of you???" it was terrible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts