Frugal Village Forums banner

Round 2 w/ the allergist

738 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  AmyBoz 
#1 ·
My arm is officially nicknamed "the pincushion" :(

We did the fruit/veggie testing today. He does not think it is oral allergy syndrome because of the serious reactions I am having. He says that is not oral allergy syndrome.

So far the skin tests have identified these allergies:

apples (he said to take it easy w/ applesauce because eventually that may give me a reaction too)
cantaloupe/honeydew (he said this was a serious allergy and to not come into contact with them at all)
potatoes
soy
eggs
possibly dairy

The last four are puzzling because, well for one thing...I had eggs for lunch today LOL. But none of them give me any sort of problem. Another puzzling result was a negative reaction for bananas. I still ain't eating them!

We're going to confirm them with a blood test next time. They are also doing to do a "Patch Test", which I gather is part of the latex allergy testing (along w/ the blood test). I go back at the end of September for those tests and we'll go from there. I am to continue w/ the food diary but he doesn't need to see it unless and until I have a reaction to something. I also got scolded for not filling my epi pen prescription :couch: Oops.

So answers but not.

See less See more
#2 ·
How frustrating for you. I have often thought about going for allergy testing as well. I am lactose intolerant, but I also have similar reactions to wheat sometimes and other foods. I don't know if it's possible to test for intolerances vs. allergies. :think:

Anyway, I'm sorry that the results are still puzzling. I hope you get more definitive answers soon. :hugz:

#3 ·
I'm sorry you have to go through all this testing...definitely no fun to be the pincushion...I know from whence I speak!

Hopefully that will be it and everything else will be eligible for eatin'!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.